2 part question 1) Springs 2) Auto hubs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 11:19 PM
BroncoIII

2 part question 1) Springs 2) Auto hubs

1. Hey ya'll...I did a search, i promise and couldn't find the answer to my question. Instead of buying the leveler coils like I have been planning. Since I'm going to raise my bronco 2 to 2.5" why can't I just skip the leveler coils and buy tall enough coils to give me the extra 2-2.5" I want? So what length coils do I need and where do I get them. Also since 2" is probably what I'm gonna go with, I'll probably just go with blocks in the rear, I think that will give me what I'm looking for, for now anyway. 2. How do I take apart the Auto hubs. The IPB in Haynes shows a break down for 94 and older not 95. It looks like there is a retainer ring holding on the cap. How does it come off. Do I need to take the break assembly off and pull the whole hub or is there a special tool to take the ring off? Thanks in advance. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Bluebeast

Re: 2 part question 1) Springs 2) Auto hubs

on te auto hub note i think urs are alittle different than my 90 but there is a special tool that i bought that removes the retaining nuts. i got it at oriellys for i belives $12 and it has paid for itself in doing wheel bearings and brake jobs on other ford TTBs. BTW you have to have this to do a brake job and do wheel bearings.

on a second note. when i was pulling spindles a few weeks ago i notice that the newer broncos had some special retainer and i used a second set of hands and some needle nose pliers to remove it.

and no you dont have to remove the brakes to do the hub conversion but in your case i do believe that u have to buy the 3 bolt conversion kit as well.

JP
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Mud in my Veins

Look at the Brakes & Hubs album in my signature link - it shows how to pull auto hubs and what parts you need.

You can't put in taller coils because of the geometry of the TTB suspension. You'll cause too much camber.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 01:09 AM

You'll need to buy the Rough Country 2.5" coils and drop brackets. <font color="blue">Burned</font color> had a set a while back, maybe it's still available. If not, call Rough Country 1 800 222 7023, great service from them. Get the drop pitman arm also. Should be ~$300 for everything. It's what I'm running,

I have a set of 1.5" lift leafs for the rear if you want, they're perfect for the 2.5" front lift. You can get them from RC also, so may be cheaper from them since you're alredy paying shipping.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:26 PM

burntpiston, are you sure on the drop brackets for a 2" front lift? I can see the need beyond that, but I was actually just reviewing an article the other day on 2" coils, blocks rear, and adjustable camber bushings for proper alignment. what do you think, if he goes 2" does he really need the drop brackets?

Edit: so I guess the other question is, does somebody still make 2" coils, or is it all 2.5"+ now?

Also, he could skip the Pitman by going knuckle under!!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:30 PM

There are no 2" lift coils available to my knowledge. It's 1" or 2.5" for off-the-shelf parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode