Looking @ 93 F150, have ????s
First post on this BBS.
I am looking @ buying a 93 F150 and have some questions. Below is list of known equipment/options and my questions will follow.
Vehicle: 1993 Ford F-150 XLT, Extended Cab, 4X4, Shortbed. 351, 4 spd Auto, manual transfer case, auto hubs, dual tanks, tow pkg, skid plates, A/C, Pwr windows & locks, sliding rear window, bed liner, factory 15" alloy wheels, 31x10.5 tires. 90k miles.
Tires, shocks, brakes & muffler have about 10k on them, private party seller can't produce any other paperwork for repairs other than oil changes and what is listed above.
Seems to go in and out of 4 wheel drive fine, A/C blows cold (R-12), no oil leaks up top, oil pan is wet (don't know the source), slight hesitation (especially when cold), transmision seems to shift a bit hard (although I have no experience with this Ford tranny). The seller pretty much just used the truck for weekend honey-do's and towed a small boat a few times.
1. What size are the fuel tanks?
2. Transfer Case: Shift on the fly? Current owner doesn't know and always stops to shift between 2H and 4H.
3. Rear end codes? (how can I tell what the ratio is and if it has limited slip?)
4. What to look for? EGR, Fuel Pressure Reg, injectors, rear end?
5. This will be my daily driver and hunting rig. My first order of business will be to make sure it's reliable (4 kids). After that I will want to lift it 2-4", add slightly larger wheels & tires, canopy etc. Budget minded Suggestions?
Sorry for the length, thank you for any help you be able to provide.