role on bed liner - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 03:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

role on bed liner

I was wondering, if any of you guys have used that role on bed liner. i am thinking of ripping all the carpet out because i hate cleaning it just a spray would be nice. well i would like to some feed back on it, also does it come in tan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: role on bed liner

I used Herculiner on the frame of this truck, but it's much too rough to use inside (I think) and only comes in black.

The Rhino on the interior was worth it, though. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 01:16 AM

I herc'ed my interior, but I don't think I would do it again.
1. It doesn't hose out very well.
2. It's like velcro for dog hair.
3. It will rip open your scalp if you bump your head on it hard enough!
Regular old paint would be my choice if I were going cheap again. Don't know anything about Rino Liner.

EDIT: Definitely rip the carpet out if you don't mind road noise. Plastic also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 01:49 AM

I used roof sealer for the bed of my bronc then put a rubber mat over it. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Hey! IT WORKS! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 02:42 AM

I'm going to give this a shot in the inside of my SII. Its cheap here, I'll let you know how it works.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb...X2&i=72055
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 09:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is a role on liner that you can get in a non-textured form: Durabak They are a local company but I don't know anything about them, just found them on the web the other day.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Mud in my Veins

$30 and enough to do an 8ft bed!?! sounds cool, but i wonder what the finish is like... i like the Rhino finish pretty well.. you can crawl around on it on your knees and not tear them up, but things have to be pretty heavy to keep from sliding around on it because it's a fairly hard compound, more like plastic than rubber.

What kind of prep work is involved in most of these coatings? And for those of you that have ripped out the carpet and put on a coating, what did you do with the various wire bundles that traverse the floor?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 08:20 PM

Yay Rhino! My interior is done, and its great. Mine is actually kinda rubbery, so it holds stuff in place pretty good. And so far i have been unsuccessful in my 'attempts' to damage it! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 01:15 AM
Mud in my Veins

cool, pics? i think when it was first applied it was rubbery, but since it is a pickup bed it gets lots of UV rays and it seems harder and less grippy now than it used to be. might also be a reaction to some oil or chemical we had back there. the only way i managed to damage it was by having a Chebby 10bolt rearend rolling around back there unsecured, but it also dented the hell out of the wheel housing so that might be considered "cruel and unusual punishment". Even so, it only chipped off a dime size chunk so not too bad. I would go that route but now this Rustoleum stuff for 30 bucks has perked my interest [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 05:43 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
And for those of you that have ripped out the carpet and put on a coating, what did you do with the various wire bundles that traverse the floor?

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes more than usual to paint over that stuff. Just kidding. There's a nice channel that runs along the rocker/floor junction and the wires lay in there fine. Also holds the coax for the CB ant.

Norm- Would the roof sealer work for my metal wheelwells? Girly undercoating I put on there a couple years ago is failing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode