passenger window stuck - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 06:27 PM
jaysbronco

passenger window stuck

i went to store let all windoes down but my passenger windowis stuck will go down but not up what your opinion
guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 06:28 PM
jaysbronco

Re: passenger window stuck

you can here the moter running
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 07:49 PM

Sounds like the gears are stripped out. The new gears are about $25.00 at NAPA. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Veteran

The 3 little torque pins inside the window motors gearbox most likely are busted up into powder, you can get a service kit from any auto parts store for under 10 bucks. Easy to fix once you drill an access hole for one of the 3 screws you need to remove behind the door panel (check your repair manual)in order to get the window motor assy. out.
Pick up plenty of door panel clips while your at it cause after 10 years, there usually worthless when reinstalling the door panel.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 10:32 PM

HA! Good info, this just happened to my driverside window this past week. Ill have to go get that kit tomorrow. What a pain it is to get that window up once its down! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
jaysbronco

well it was the motor that was really worn down the gears were fine and the parts stores said tha gears git is for the rear window not side windows i broke no clips and my window is working great the only hard part was drilling 3 holes to get to bolts i post a pic after i put in new moter in my superford cite thanks for all your help this room has saved me alot ove money thank you [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Veteran

Parts store said the gear kit is only for the rear window ??? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
I bought a kit for each of my side window motors at advance, its the same motor and gears since 1960 but somewhere in the mid 90s, they put a different square motor in them and the kits not available yet for them to my knowledge .

But good to here it all worked out well for ya....
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 04:50 PM
jaysbronco

yeah i called 5 parts stores they said no gear kits for side window mines a 1990 i bought a rebuilt motor for $60 at napa auto parts i kit wood have been nice but it goes up and down thats all i wanted
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 06:13 PM

When I had to do my passenger window, I went to Napa since I was in town and bought just the gear kit. Once I got home and had everything apart, it ended up being the motor and had to make the trip back [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] The point is that even Napa had the gear kit. Kinda weird how the one in your local area couldn't locate it. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 07:05 PM
jaysbronco

here is the number call em up napa auto parts in federalway washington 253/927-7500 call em tell me what the said about gear kit for a 1990 bronco maybe i just got a bad counter person but my window works now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode