emerg.stuff for the trail - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

emerg.stuff for the trail

i know this has been touched on in a round about way but how about all of us putting our minds together and get a basic list of what should be carried when we go wheeling
i know some/most of ya'll would carry a spare truck with ya but i mean for the beginner /casual off-roader .....ie first aid kit,water,cb stuff like that. i've been reading what everone take along but there always seem to be something left out think about it
it might help a person just getting started on the right track and some of ya'll more experience wheelers might find something that was neglected to be packed and as i believe burned said it needs to be stowed so it does'nt jump around on ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 11:09 PM

Re: emerg.stuff for the trail

If im going out on a trail ride thats not local, then i pack a little heavy.
I always bring enough coolant, trans fluid, motor oil and gear oil so that i i bust anything open, i have enough to re-fill it.
Ive got 3 straps, a come-along, (military style) folding shovel, flares, first aid kit, some spare clothing (my carharts live in the truck, too), jumper cables, hilift, a ratchet/wrench set, and a bag full of tools on top of that.
Oh yeah, and spare ujoints, spare shafts for the rear (& c-clips, just incase), jbweld, rtv, and a bunch of other random stuff that i cant remember offhand.
I also have (bolted to the trans access pan) my Maglite, and a fire extinguisher (a must have!!)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Re: emerg.stuff for the trail

what brought this on was a friend of my sons want to to go wheeling with me last weekend he has a stock f-150 4x4 no lift 31 all terrains on it its a nice truck
well i asked him if he had ever been trail/mud riding and he said yes well as he was looking in the back of the bronco he asked why i carry all this stuff and i replyied that you never know what you might run into out in the woods /trails.he told me he doesnt have anything in his anyway the more i thought about it i didnt think it would be a good idea taking his until he saw what /where i play at/in .
we we went down some mild trails that had a couple of steep hills trees in the road and he got to see why i carry chains and straps (left the chainsaw home that time ) [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] he had a great time and thanked me for not letting him take his truck cuz it would not have made it with out some damage stucks and such .
but he like going i took him yesturday (with chain saw ) got to use both that and my new winch we took 2 video cameras he worked the one i labeled the mud cam he held it out down by the rear tire when i went thru the mud hole and creeks cameras trashed (gonna take a few weeks cleaning it )but i got to see how my tires self clean and grip if you have a camera ya dont mind trashing i recommend it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode