OT: The sum of a vehicle's parts.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Pooh-Bah

OT: The sum of a vehicle\'s parts....

Pretty much fit into a 5' X 10' area.
Came across this pic when I was looking for the Mazda Carnage Shot.
It's from several years ago, and 150,000 miles ago when I stripped everything down and rebuilt all the running gear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Stranger

Re: OT: The sum of a vehicle\'s parts....

Hey that shop looks familiar !
Neat stuff
Gonzo the newbie ! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 12:29 AM

You clean freaks make me sick! But they seem to look at your truck more. Hmmm. Maybe I'll wash mine this year. lol NORM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 01:03 PM

"You clean freaks make me sick! "

Breakfast anyone? I'm serving eggs, toast and pancakes...no need to bring plates, I'll just serve it up right on WD-40's shop floor, plenty clean there. [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 01:11 PM

What you talking about Juice? We all know you are one of "them clean freaks". I know you go out and do the same stuff I do yet the paint is still imaculant. How gross is that! [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
(Actually I find your guys attention to detail commendable. I always just rush in and get it done. (usually not too fast) I'm thinking that when I have a commuter car I'll be able to spend more time on the details. )
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Pooh-Bah

Thanks guys!
It's sad to say though, that's the old shop in Renton.
We didn't land a place here in Helena with a separate shop like that. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Fortunately, the oversize 25' X 25' garage we do have is working just fine.....for now.

<font color="blue">Gonz</font color>: Welcome to the utlimate site Dr. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
I sure miss those MTB tune-up sessions we had in that ole shop. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I see you're sporting a new steed. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Giant NRS1 Air mountain bike [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 04:58 PM

OK, I missed that, Gonz is in Renton.

Hey Gonz, want to attend Broncofest? Tillamook State Forest, this weekend!!!!!! Lots of guys coming down from Renton, Everette, olympia, etc. You can fill me in on all the crazy or stupid things Doug has ever done. Do you have the answer as to why he was nicknamed "Reverend Gripshift"?

Norm, I am a clean freak with the Truck, and when doing work, I make sure not a spec of crap gets in when I am greasing, assembling, etc. But, I have crap scattered everywhere when doing it. I have to have like 1/2 dozen towels around cuz I get grease and goo all over everything. I am slow and methodical. I hate thinking I am almost done with something only to realize I forgot something or did something wrong.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 07:01 PM

I did that with my grease boot last time on the slip yoke axle. I threw it on the axle knowing I had to slip it into place when I was done and when it was time to slip it on. OOPS [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I had put the damned thing on backwards. Instead of pulling everything apart I took a steak knife and cut the boot longways pulled it off and flipped it arround. I applied mucho clear silicone along the cut and zip tied it tight on each end. So far so good. lol I do take alot of chances with used parts as I have alot laying around sometimes. I reused my old passenger side knuckle off of my old front end since the ball joints weren't bad yet. I packed them tight with grease and just reused the whole assy. I can do this one more time on each side since I haven't raided my parts truck knucks or axles yet. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Take Care. NORM
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 09:47 PM

damn id kill for that much room i got a 12x16 shop and cant get in it cuz i got enough stuff for a 20x40 still have the parts i took off last year when i did my lift under the car port cuz there just aint no room [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 PM

Man, that place is sparkling! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
It must be nice to have a house with a garage you can park in, i have to do all my work in the stone driveway [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Makes for easy cleanup should i 'lose' a little bit of oil or grease, but id bet theres enough random bolts and screws in the stones to build another truck with [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode