90 xlt 351 e4od stock, what 6" lift & tires? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 01:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

90 xlt 351 e4od stock, what 6\" lift & tires?

looking for advice...on 6 inch suspension lift kits & tires. i drive 60/40 on road/offroad. figure there are so many being offered through 4 wheel wholesalers- i don't know which one to get? i do know; I DO NOT WANT A BODY LIFT! figured a a/t tire,...i heard any thing (in tire size) bigger than 35" could cause damage offroad with stock set-up. so let the new bronco owner have it! give me them answers....thanks. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1099771-90 xlt.JPG (72.6 KB, 33 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 04:39 PM

Re: 90 xlt 351 e4od stock, what 6\" lift & tires?

Try the search for this common question. Fill out your bio! This said here's my opinion.

I like my new goodyear MTR's. They are perhaps somewhere in between a full on mud tire and and AT. Priced good through Discount Tire.
There are post/sites on doing a shackel flip that is an inexpensive way to get the rear up or go with new springs. Perhaps not good for towing. Blocks are fine only for the street.
The front is complicated by IFS. You have to use drop down brackets for the axel pivot points, drop down brackets for the radius arms or new extended radius arms, springs, shocks, extended brake lines, and drop down steering arm.

If I had it to do over I would have done a SAS Dana 44 with leaf springs in the front and the shackel flip in the back. It would have cost less and I wouldn't have spent so much time with front IFS. This assumes I did the part hunting and labor, which I did for my lift anyway.

Look at 4wheelparts.com they have several lift kits for Ford IFS.

If you run larger tires, you also need to change your gearing 411 or better. I'd suggest 456 with that overdrive you have.
Lift + big Tires - gearing = not enough torque [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

I'm running 37X15 MTR's with a six inch spring lift and some fender trimming. If I break I got an extra yoke, axels, hubs, and u joints. If I break again I go solid.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 03:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

6" skyjacker lift with 35' BF Goodrich mudders
are perfect combination my 96 F-150 is 80/20 on road/ off road. The tires are perfect for the road as well as the mud. The tires only rub a little bit on the bumber I just moved it out with spacers. Also skyjacker lifts offer a wide selection of 4" and 6" lifts cost from $500-$1200 w/out shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Shilo

Dude I own the same truck as you (not that it totally matters) and having BTDT I can't in good faith recommend any TTB lift to anyone. I wish I had never wasted my money on a 6" TTB lift. I'd say SAS, and that's all I'll say 'cause someone will no doubt get their panties in a twist - - - don't mean to hijack the thread!

If you really want a TTB lift I'd go Skyjacker, Rancho or Cepek.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Mud in my Veins

death to skyjacker, shoot em down and watch em burn [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] SKYJACKER

oh yeah... [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] TTB [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode