customer service - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

customer service

hey guys

hope this isn't confusing and i gave the cheers smileys the day off today
when i bought my rancho lift it didn't come with coil springs so i called rancho and they said i would have to buy them seperate from the lift which is stupid if you ask me anyways i bitched about spending all my money on rancho lift,shocks,incab control for shocks they said they were going to send coil springs free of charge, in the mean time i bought a set from a local 4x4 shop so that i didn't have to wait to install lift which was cool of mario (shop owner)
well a week later still no coils from rancho so i called them and got same tech as first call he asured me that i would be getting the coils in a few days well another week goes by and still no coils so i emailed them explaining how unsatisfied i was and that i was going to return my lift and shocks for a dif. brand well the next day i had an email form rancho telling me that they alrady put 1 order in and had 1 on hold if there was any problem's with 1st order. when i got home friday there was a ups truck in front of my house along with 2 sets of coils and a u-bolt kit i returned 1 set to mario for a refund and now have an extra set of 4 inch coil anyone need a set.in the end i'd give rancho a+++++ for customer service
also if you go to gorancho.com you'll see that you have to buy coil springs seperate which doen't make sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 06:23 PM

Re: customer service

Well, that's cool.

I was thinking maybe they have the coils listed seperate because when I bought my lift from them, they had two lifts, one Heavy duty 4" front (typical if you are going to add some weight up front), and a 3". they would probably use all the other front components interchangeably.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Mud in my Veins

I dont know about Rancho, but the reason most lift companies have the coils listed separately is because you use the same bracket kit for 4" and 6" lifts, which makes inventory more efficient for them. Superlift has a good chart on their site showing exactly which part #s you need to order when going with a certain lift for a specific vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 08:17 PM

In Rancho's case, that is a moot point. Rancho does not make a 6" kit. there is no need for drilling two different holes in the brakets to accomodate the 2" difference. They just have the brackets necessary for a 3-4" lift. I can say that if you go with the 4", at least in my case, I ended up running a bit much on the + camber, even after the lift settling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode