o/t need help finding a part - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 07:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

o/t need help finding a part

ok, heres the story, i was pulling a boat out of my friends pond this afternoon and when i was almost there *snap* there went the rope, then *thud*, looked back and saw the tree. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] needless to say the tree hit the spare which pushed in the tailgate(with the window down) and that was all she wrote. i know that wanted adds need to be posted in the ads forum but i was hoping that more ppl would see it here. so can anyone point me in the direction to find a whole tailgate or how hard is it to replace the shell? so here i am again in the middle of a tornado warning with no back window and a tarp keeping all my stuff dry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: o/t need help finding a part

huh, could you repeat that? i dont understand how a tree flew into your tire carrier while pulling a boat out of the pond? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

so is the glass broken or is the skin just blocking it from coming up? I did the same thing and yanked on the carrier real hard and it took some of the buckle out and made it a little better, but it sounds like yours is worse. If you cant pull it out by hand, tie the latch to a tree and let your truck idle forward a little while a friend watches, maybe that will pull it out enough to get the window up. It's hard to say without seeing it, but I doubt you'll make it any worse than it already is [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the pond is in my friends front yard its maybe an acre or so big and we had his boat in there the other day fishing in it, well it rained, boat filled up with water and all we could see was the bow and upper gunwales so i climed into the pond and tied a rope to the hook on the bow and began to slowly pull it out. i knew there was a tree back there but i figured it was far enough back that it wouldnt be a problem. i was wrong. the window is shattered inside the tailgate, the skin is buckled and the passerger side top is touching the hard top. i thought about trying to pull it back out but wasnt sure if the latch on the tailgate would hold up or not. ill post some pics when the rain stops to give you a better idea of what im talking about. i even thought about just buying another bronco and build one beast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Mud in my Veins

So you had the rope tied to the front of your truck, and you were backing up?

I have a complete t/g with a late-model trim panel. It was working fine when I removed it from my truck to put on a newer one. You can see it in the truck parts album in my signature link.

I don't know if UPS or FedEx will take something this big, so it might have to go truck freight if you can't drive up here & get it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 11:41 AM

hey rescue did you try the junk yard on lower wetumpka rd. i think the broncos i looked at still had the tail gates on them
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 05:51 PM

OUCH! [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 11:52 AM

No good deed goes unpunished !

Bummer

Sixlitre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode