oil pan gasket - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

oil pan gasket

I have a '94 EB Bronco 4x4, and need to change the oil pan gasket (leaking). I know it's better to pull the engine to remove the pan and pump, but can I replace the gasket without completely pulling the pan? thanks..

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 01:38 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: oil pan gasket

hmmmm, that is a good question. it wouldnt be too bad except in the rear by the tranny, the exhaust is right there and I just dont know if you could snake the gasket in there and get it aligned right. i had a little trouble replacing mine even with the exhaust cut out and engine jacked up off its mounts as high as it would go with the upper intake removed. I would say it is possible but you wont be in a very good mood when you're done [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 05:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, bad mood versus $400...I'll try bad mood first. Thanks for the info Carpal Tunnel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 05:51 PM

What engine do you have? I have the 300 inline six and changed mine without pulling the engine.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Veteran

Yeah you can do it , go to yoga courses a few times beforehand to loosen up the joints [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img], since its a 1 piece rubber gasket and your gonna have to jack it up as high as possible to get the new one fished around the oil pump pick-up , Fel-pro includes these 4 fancy little screw in gasket guides that hold the pan and gasket in place while your trying to position your body (already twisted up like a corkscrew [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) in the right angle to get a couple pan bolts started.

Good fun--- especially if you have arthritis like me . . .
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 08:54 PM
BoulderBronco7

Yes it can be done. That's how I did mine. It will take time and tons of patience. Fishing it around the oil pump pickup is the challenge. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Mud in my Veins

The 4.9L/300ci pan will come out [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] - the V-8 pans won't. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Mud in my Veins

If your blood pressure starts getting to you, you can go the route that I did and remove the upper intake and jack the engine way on up there. I also cut the exhaust behind the cats and removed that section up to the manifolds, which allowed complete removal of the pan, which could make your life easier but obviously requires some extra work. Knowing about the super secret Torx bolt on the intake and using something other than a hacksaw on the exhaust would make it not so bad though [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 11:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, BoulderBronco7 and BroncoMania...you were right on with the "twisted up like a pretzel" thingy. Getting too old, sore, and grumpy for this kind of mess! Maneuvering the FelPro gasket around the pickup on the pump just about got to me. I was ready to put it all back together and take it to the shop. However, all is better now. Thanks to all for their guidance.

Wayne [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

when u changed your with pulling the motor were u able to remove the pan??? I have a 92 and the pan is rusted out and I'm trying to find out if I can change the pan with out jacking the motor>>>>92 f150 with HD fron end, 4.9 and 5 speed

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode