Join Date: Oct 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TTB/Adjustable Camber bushings
Ok, some pics will be coming. so far, so good.
To recap, I bought new 35" MT/R's.
I just added 1/2" coil spacers front, 1" block rear, in addition to the 4" lift I already had.
Camber was bad at +1.75-2 degrees both side, as best I can measure, using craftsman protractor/angle finder, levels, etc.
I purchased Shilo's old superlift adjustable bushings, and now have the drivers side installed. Here is a brief rundown:
Hehehheheh [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
Ok, took driver side castle nut off, turned it over, screwed it back on, and started hammerin away! BANG BANG BANG, .....
After about an hour of that, prying, and a pipe wrench, I got it!!! pryed it out, and at that point, you can really get a feel for how moving the upper ball joint affects the outer hub (which affects the wheel since it bolts to it), and the caster (the relative angle between the top and bottom ball joints).
I installed the adjustables at max setting (high side of bushing closest to coil spring). Well, it must have been my lucky day, cuz even though they are adjustable, generally you have to lower the vehicle with wheel back on, and move it forward and back a good distance to see where it ends up at. Anyway, this max setting was perfect! I tested before buttoning it all back up, but now that it is all done on that side, as best I can measure with my instruments, I am at .25-.5 degrees +. So, this has helped eliminate apx. 1.25-1.5 + camber, putting me in the ideal range for this year bronco (.25+).
Hopefully experience will allow me to nail the other side now. the drivers side took about 2 hours, plus an hour or so looking at the measurements, and adjusting toe, which does get whacked as well [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
The other side should take about the same, plus a bit to again mess with toe, but the whole thing has not been bad. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]