attn 86converted4wd (steve) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

attn 86converted4wd (steve)

Ok steve(86converted4wd) didnt you get that onboard air put in your truck didnt you have to make the brackets. I know have a york air compressor and another compressor from the 84 parts truck so I am going to try to get the a/c on the truck working and get me some on board air going but I have to figure out how to mount the thing so if you have any pics or would like to drive your ars down here and get your fenders and stuff and give me a hand making the brackets that would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Old Hand

Re: attn 86converted4wd (steve)

I made the brackets out of 4x4 angle iron and Rep-T slotted them for me on his milling machine but they weren't exactly right and the belt got tossed off the pulley and grabbed the trans cooler lines and pulled them into the fan(sucked alot). Right now i don't have OBA but as soon as i scrape together the cash i'll figure out something. The tank is mounted along with the pressure cut off switch, check valve and the filter there but no compressor.

I'm not sure about the fenders but i deffinatly want the front bumper. How wide are the rear springs? 2.5" or 3"?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

The sprins are 3 in wide...If you are going to come down or we are going to get together to get the bumper and a few of the other small things you had might as well get the fenders I dont want alot of money from you for all the stuff. I was thinking $100 for the front bumper , both fenders and both doors. if you want the rear leafs and gas tank and that cross member throw in another $25 I would prefer that you get all that you could possible want since I am not going to have this parts truck around for very long the money isnt that big a deal if $125 is to much just make me a good reasonable offer and I will probably accept it since it did F-_k up you truck so bad a paragon last time.
let me know I will probably start ripping all the stuff off in the next couple of weeks.I have to replace the tranny in my brother-in -laws murcery mystic firsdt so that I can the thing back in the garage.

As far as the on board air goes did you us this article to help make the bracket air comperssor there are some really good pics of the bracket set up I just thought if you had already donme it you would be great to have around when I do mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 08:44 PM

not a bad design, but ill have to read that article some more before i post my final opinion on it.
Tony, he doesnt have any A/C in his truck, so we removed the idler pulley and bolted the York up in place of that. Still got to fine-tune it, though [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 11:02 PM

I like the look of that write up! I think I might use this design for my system.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

I am thonking that I will be using the same system myself. The parts truck has an alt with the double pulley design so all I need now is the angle iron and the rest of the junk to go along with it but I wont be messing with that stuff until I get the motor swap done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode