dedicated trail rig - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 02:10 PM

Re: dedicated trail rig

Why not just buy another Bronco? They're cheap and plentiful, and you already know how to work on them.

Bonus, the parts truck may have goodies you want for your street truck, and.. they swap. :-)

Strip off what you don't need, sell it to someone that needs it, and have fun.

A little trimming and 35s fit without any lift. Start with a V8 and the transmission of your choice.. what's left to do? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 02:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

because it won't fit where i want to take it. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] and the bronc is too heavy to just roll back over. Don't get me wrong I love my bronco and will still go mudding, camping, and some wheeling. but with this setup i would have the best of both worlds.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 02:57 PM
Injected

I run a '74 Scout II with a fuel injected 258 for my trail rig, I love it because it's cheap and tough. I flat tow it behind the Bronco.
My '74 Fuelie Six Scout II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 04:40 PM

buy a lil junk BII then they fit damn near anywhere are way too plenty and cheap nowadays and if ya got a fullsize with a 302 sittin around you got yourself a nice heart transplant victim, i mean donor.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 05:03 PM
LowGearMonster

I agree with the B2. Also, they are built like tanks and can take a lot of punishment. I would recommend cutting the back off with the big windows so they don't break out on the trail.
post #16 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 01:48 AM
Mud in my Veins

theres a B2 here at my apt complex and every time i walk by it i think that it is everything a Sammi is plus power steering, V6, and auto tranny from the factory! plus it's FORD! if i find one of those cheap before i find a Sammi, i'll get it for sure. then it would be sawzall time.. heh heh heh, evil chuckle [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

only downside is the IFS, but that will just encourage me to jump it, so maybe thats a good thing [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #17 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 07:36 AM

I'm currently running two trail vehciles, and its getting real time consuming and confusing, but atleast one always runs. My bronco will be trail only here in a little while here when i get the F250 going in the next week or so. I'm going to let the lisence expire and cancel the insurance and put "Farm" insurance on it and then my stuff will just get wheeled only. I think thats what is going to have to happen as insurance is killing me. With no insurance on th ebronco i can afford my BIG trailer sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode