Suspension lifts - '79 Bronco - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Suspension lifts - \'79 Bronco

Hey guys. I have a 1979 Bronco (4x4 of course) with a major problem, the suspension is broken bad (trails can be fun but also deadly). I was using stock suspenion with a 3" body lift and was running 33x12.5's. My question is that now that I have to redo the entire suspension (including new rear springs as one of them is cracked [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]) I am going to put a lift in and I was wondering which one to go with. I am currently a student so cost is an issue but I do want it done right as well so no crap components. I use the Bronco as a daily driver that like to have fun on the weekends but only to moderate trails. Any help you guys can offer would be great. Thanks in advance.
Waddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Suspension lifts - \'79 Bronco

what size tires are you going to run, how much lift do you want, and are you keeping the body lift? those trucks are pretty cheap to lift, you might luck out.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am looking at running my 33's for now(as I just bought them in the summer) but will be looking to go up to 35's next time. I am looking at going up by either 4" or 6" and most likely going to knock out the body lift for two reasons: 1) The lift was put in several years ago and is aging and 2) I dont really want the truck to look too disproportionate with the lift and small tires.
As said before I do you use my truck to have fun on the weekends but I still need it to function as a daily driver for the rest of the week. So that will also be a factor in the choice I need to make.
If you need any more information about it please let me know at [email protected]
Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 06:24 PM
froggy

Well good thing about those older broncos is there isnt much to a suspension lift. Maybe try these guys http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspen...ems_9ford.html . One of my local 4x4 shops say they will replace anything you break. No matter how it got broke. They are also a spring company , so their springs are supposedly real good.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Mud in my Veins

Well if you want it to look good, then I would suggest taking the body lift off and leave it stock! The tires will fit fine, some folks have fit 40's under 79's by just cutting the fenders out! Are you opposed to trimming the fenders, if need be? I dont think you'll have to for 33's, but you can get 35's under there some day with a little Sawzall work [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] You said cheap, and I dont think you can beat free! If your springs are worn out, then it might seem like you'd need some lift for 33's, and in that case you could go with a 1-2" leveling kit that markets for around $150. It comes with coils and slightly offset bushings, and would look good. Any more lift and I think it will look silly without some huge meat under there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode