TTB question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 04:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TTB question

During these last couple of weeks, when i am crawling over hills with just one front tire on the hill
it seams that the rear of the truck does all the movement. like the fornt wheels will not go up into
the wheel wells, there isn't a sway bar but is there something that acts as a sway bar that i can remove.
if anyone can help that would be great.

The Low-Buck Beast [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 05:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TTB question

If they are after-market springs for a lift then they might be a great deal stiffer than you would like. i think i'm having the same problem. let me know if you figure something out.

Famous last words: Hey y'all, watch this! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 05:29 PM

Well, when you say "during the last couple mon(u)ths" that implies your are just trying your rig out off-road, or you have done some mods to it...
so, please clarify that.

You then mention crawling with just one front tire on the ground. The stock TTB rad. arms tend to limit travel as can the shocks. And of course, if you don't have some kind of locker up front, well then with one front tire off the ground it will naturally feel like you have rear wheel drive. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Usually i am not doing this off road, i am normally going up steep hills
more than lifting one tire on something.

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 06:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you have torsion bars on that little sonoma of yours,
so if your front end is too stiff just loosen the bolts on them if its to stiff for you.
gets some bigger tires too

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 02:50 AM

You're right. The TTB will not flex as well as a strait axle. You can improve the amount of droop by installing longer radius arms. Most people who do this are adding lift to there truck at the same time but I read one artical from a guy from
Australia who made his own longer arms and gained a couple inches of droop. Custom made extended radius arms The TTB isnt really made to scrunch into the wheelwells like a strait axle. If you want strait axle performance you will need to do a Strait Axle Swap (SAS). But if I were you I'd just enjoy the ride and find out the vehicles capabilities. If there is no sway bar on there then you bought the truck with it removed. All 80+ Broncos that I know of came from the factory with one attached. I personally have been running without one for quite a while.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 10:04 AM

when i bought my 80 it didnt have any sway bars on it and i'm pretty sure that the guy i got it from didnt take them off (i'm not sure why he bought it never even put it in 4wd i had to remind him to lock in the hubs to engage the front wheels it had street tires on it i'm not saying that someone else took them off for him but my guess was that he didnt know what one was

just my o2 [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode