slip shaft???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 09:06 PM
rustyolred27

slip shaft????

i discovered another problem on my truck today. on the right side of the ttb i noticed that when in 4x4 the right front wheel would no longer turn. after some investigation i noticed that part of the right side shaft is not turning. according to the haynes repair manual(pg. 8-25) my problem is the slip shaft assembly. question is where can i get a new one of these? hope you guys can help. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Shilo

Re: slip shaft????

Just *part of* the shaft? If so, I guess that'd make sense, provided the inner piece is turning. A new one......junkyard or maybe Jeff's Bronco Graveyard.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 11:49 AM

Someone on here was just wheelin and dealin for 3 front TTB's for $100, so if they would step forward you might be able to con them out of 1 of their front shafts for a reasonable sum??? Not mine to give, but just a suggestion.

edit:

That was 80Bronco on the "ttb that bad" post. may want to PM him. 80Bronco, no offense, your stuff is not mine to give, just trying to be helpful. Besides, you may be able to help out and recoup some of that $$ you just spent, you could really end up ahead??? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 08:00 PM

Well actually I am not sure if I am going to end up getting those axles I think I have found a 85 bronco with the 351wHO motor for $500 and I will just get the axles out of it when I part it out but I am not sure If I am going to get ti yet I wont know until monday so we will see
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 02:37 AM

Everyone needs a parts truck. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Mine doubles as a storage shed! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 08:18 AM

yes they do! i have 3! the bronco has one, the F250 has one, and the Zuk has one. it makes things so much easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode