Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   Boycot 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/151198-boycot-4-wheel-parts-warehouse.html)

BigNorm 01-20-2003 06:30 AM

Boycot 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse

I've heard people say again and again that they recieved bad or no service from 4WPW. A friend of mine ordered a manual hub conversion kit from them before Christmas and waited for his parts. When they did not arrive on time he sent them an email expressing his concern since they charged his credit card the minute of the sale. He recieved an answer from [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] 4WPW... two days later. The response told my bud that the parts were on backorder and he should expect them in a few more weeks. Three weeks have gone by since then and he has still to see his parts. My bud is not pissed that the parts are on backorder but that they charged his card without having the parts in stock and the fact that they sold him the parts giving him the impression that he would get them in a matter of days. I will not be giving these people any business regardless of how cool there adds are.

On another note. Does anyone know of a good 4wheel drive parts supplier which you have received good customer service? I don't know of any in the 4wd service specifically but I can say that I have always had good service when ordering from Summit Racing Equipment. My local Napa store hasn't let me down yet either. I like Napa because for the most part they hire pretty knowledgeable people that have an idea of what they are selling as apposed to some of the smaller Auto parts retailers (AKA: da zone! Right Steve [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). Well I guess I've spoke my peace. NORM

BurnedBronco 01-20-2003 07:12 AM

Re: Boycot 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse

ya, 4 wheel parts sucks. i had the whole issue with them sending me the wrong wheels, then them not giving me my money back becuase they are not liable for mistakes. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
then after threatening they offered to take thos eback, and sent the wrong ones again, but would not take those back. all kinds of crap from them.

my new drivetrain supplier is national drivetrain out of chicago. they ship stuff anywhere, and have great customer service. They are kind of high on some parts, but i would pay a few bucks more to acually get the part and good service than buy from some more idiots.
I am in a group discout from them currently, but they are great! i pordered a minispool from work one day and i needed it the next day and was wondering if they could could drop it in the mail that night so i would recieve it the next day( they are in chicago, i'm on the south side) The guy named Kevin offered to drop it off in my town on his way home from work when i got off. Could that be any better?

www.nationaldrivetrain.com
the website is kind of confusing though
based out of IL and GA.
1800 507 4327 is the number

vitaminc 01-20-2003 08:31 AM

I'm always up for a good boycott.

I've had good experiences with Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. They have been increasing their stock of late model parts and have a lot of hard to find or discontinued stuff. I recently got the hardware for my hardtop from them for about a quarter the price that Ford wanted.

They're a good bunch of guys too...I haven't dealt with their shipping though b/c they're local to me. One note of caution, their newer catalogue on the web has some errors on it that they are still working out...but they're available by phone to sort things out or mail a hard copy.

80BRONCO 01-20-2003 09:52 AM

Ive bought from 4 wpw and I had a great experience I was getting ready to order some more stuff from them but I have heard to many bad thing fot it to be a rare occasion Jeffs here I come

lookinfurfun 01-20-2003 10:11 AM

For those guys it's just about making the sale. They could care less if you get your products or if you are happy with them. I ordered a bunch of stuff last year and went through a similar problem that your buddy is going through. It took about two months to finally get everything that I ordered when I was told it was going to take just a few days. Never again [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

86convert4wd 01-20-2003 10:27 AM

I've heard the same thing about those guys since the day I've been regged on this board. The only thing I've ever gotten from them was a Hi-Lift and it was from a friend. He had to wait a while for it to get to his house and we almost didn't swap gift before X-Mas cuz of it.

Shilo 01-20-2003 10:37 AM

"For those guys it's just about making the sale"

You're exactly right, they must work on commission and they're slimier (sp?) than a bunch of used car salesmen. Heres' my condensed horror story:

I ordered a complete 6" lift, to the tune of about $1100. Then my E4OD died. I got the news of the dead tranny the very next day, and couldn't afford both. I called 4WPW back to cancel, they said, oh, we can't cancel, it's already been shipped. Oh, and BTW there's a 15% restocking fee if you send the packages back.

They just didn't want me cancelling this order, and were gonna discourage me in any way possible.

2 weeks later folks, the lift showed up. Gee, ya think it had actually shipped when I called to cancel? NO.

I never did get my restocking fee back, but a manager finally told me (after not returning my messages several times) that they would give me 15% off my next order.

They had tried to suck me in for a second order, and it kinda worked. About a year later I ordered a more basic lift kit from them to use my discount. When I placed the order I voiced my concerns over the 6" lift having 4" blocks, and how some people have reported the 4" blocks are not enough. The guy told me no problem, if it sits ass-down just call us and we'll exchange the blocks free of charge.

Anything to make the sale.

Well, after several weeks my front had not settled like they say, and I decided I'd rather have my Bronco a bit ass-high than low. So I called to exchange my blocks and they denied any knowledge of ever saying that, or that any of their salesmen would ever offer that. But they'd be happy to sell me a new block kit.

Stories like this are all too common, and Burned is 100% right: I'd rather pay a bit more to KNOW I'm gonna get what I want, when I want it, and customer service after the sale. With 4WPW you're taking a gamble, and if you lose you'll be lucky to ever get your right part at the original price.

Also note that Pro-Crap and Genuine Gear ARE 4WPW, and their quality shows it. Avoid these brands IMO

Finally, those who report good service have gone to LOCAL 4WPW stores, those guys can't hide behind the fone all day. The mail order division is the worst, but its' ALL a terrible company IMO.

Consider giving your business to Tyres Intl, or Natl Tire or Rockstomper or Rusty's or West Coast Diff or whatever......

**DONOTDELETE** 01-20-2003 05:24 PM

It's all in who you deal with over there. I have never had a problem with alan at 1-800-421-1050 x5110. He has always been straight forword with me and told me if something was on back order or not. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

Biggie_Truck 01-20-2003 05:37 PM

4Wheel Parts is the worst. I bought 5 36" superswamper radial from them. After 4 weeks I thought I should call and ask where they were. I was told that one shipped and the others would be another week. Then I got my credit card bill and found they billed me the day I ordered. After 3 more weeks and 2 killer snow storms (would have been nice to have them) I called again to find they still hadnt shipped. I cancelled them and got a rash of s%*#@ from them like it was my fault. Unbelivable.
[img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] Icing on the cake: when I got my other 4 tires from Natl. Tire & Wheel and mounted them all up I noticed a nasty shimmy from the back wheel. As is turned out that one tire had some buckled radials in two spots-guess where it came from?

Summit and Jegs are great. Accept returns no questions asked. Also National Tire and Wheel is good. When I got my last shipment they had sent me open caps and I needed all closed. It was my fault for not specing but I called and they sent me a set of closed without asking for the others returned. Thats more like it.

kdog 01-20-2003 06:55 PM

My experience is mixed. I bought the genuine gears and installed them wrong and true to their word they replaced them for free.
On the other hand when I went to take advantage of the buy three get one free tire deal I was informed that the price goes up on the tire to compensate for the sale. So my question is how on earth is that a sale if your paying the same price in the end? BTW this was all in the store not over the phone.