Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   Boycot 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/151198-boycot-4-wheel-parts-warehouse.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 01-22-2003 11:02 PM

Re: Boycot 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse

It's even better when they tell you "Those tires won't fit so we are going to give upgrade them to the next best tire for nothing more."

Shovel 01-23-2003 01:41 AM

Or when you ask them if wheeling will void the road hazard warrantee and they tell you, "If you happen to slash a tire on a root or something else off road, just bring it in and say you hit a box or something on the road and we'll replace it for free."

My buddy tested that one out. Popped his tire on a small tree stump and took it to Les Schwab and they replaced it for free. I don't think he even had papers, but it was Wild Country tire. I don't think they've ever asked for papers when I go in to get an alignment and tires rotated.

To say the least, they always get my business no matter the price difference.

**DONOTDELETE** 01-23-2003 01:51 AM

friend of mine bought a set of 4 42" super swampers from them last year, when he received them, 3 weeks after the order, 1 of the lugs on 1 tire was hallow with a hole the size of a dime in it, they refused to do anything about it and him being not the brightest bulb on the tree bought a tube of silicone and filled it in, problem solved [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], maybe, maybe not but he got through the first year with it [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 01-23-2003 08:02 PM

No questions asked warrenty's are the best!

rikeegee 01-24-2003 10:47 AM

I'm always up for sending a message to crappy vendors. I never buy anything big from FWPW because of the awful service my friends got when they had work done on their trucks. I may buy small items on sale here or there like lights, tow straps, etc. Items inexpensive enough so I wont stress about it.

I remember one time when I was buying my headers and cat back system. I called the Burbank, CA location and asked about what are all the 50 state smog legal brands. I proceeded to mention if they carry Gibson because it has a 50 state smog legal indication in the brochure. The tech guy told me all these 50 state legal headers won't work in CA. I asked him why that is and if its has 50 states then it should be OK. He started to raise his tone and said "BUT SIR, THERE ARE MORE THAN 50 STATES IN AMERICA!!!". After that statement, what can I say???

As far as 4X4 stores, depends on what you are looking for. I usually just try to find something local for big purchases, I may pay a little premium but its easier for me to go back to them if something goes wrong. I have a 4X4 guy that I trust who has been the only one working on my truck since I bought it. When possible I make him order the parts to add a little to his profit.

lookinfurfun 01-24-2003 03:43 PM

Yeah, the 51st state would be the state of confusion that that guy was in [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]