Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   Boycot 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/151198-boycot-4-wheel-parts-warehouse.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 01-20-2003 10:25 PM

Re: Boycot 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse

I have ordered from them and got the products right away! Took only 4 days from the day I ordered! I got my 3 off road lights, wiring kit, Warn hubs, & tailgate net without one single problem. It's all in who you deal with! Most of you guys are [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] about how your tires and wheels were wrong or it took too long, *ANYTIME* when buying tires and wheels it is stupid to order it online for the fact that it may not fit! For the 15% restocking fee (on the lift) that is kind of BS [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] but at the same time, you shouldn't have ordered it if your truck was getting ready to spew!

froggy 01-20-2003 11:02 PM

No what they are saying is in general they have had horrible service. Burned got not one but 2 inccorect sets of wheels. Even though he ordered what was correct for himself. They sent the wrong stuff. Then theres countless posts about how they were billed or told to expect parts. Just to wait monthes for them. Thats the most horrible service ive ever heard of. Ive never ordered anything from them and never will. Just because of the horror stories you hear on here.

**DONOTDELETE** 01-20-2003 11:14 PM

Well; they get quite a bit of business. It's all in who you deal with, I admit I have called about getting gears installed and was told it would cost $450 but when I got their (a hour and a 1/4 drive later) they said it would be $600 because the guy did not add the install kit and the fee, it was not the stores fault it was the dumbars who was on the phone that day! I ended up going to a different place to get my gears because of the drive it would take to go back their, and not having enough cash on hand. Yes I agree that they do have stupid sales rep's. Not buying because what a few people say (some guys in here have had good.): boycotting will do nothing. Look at the Ford/Bridgestone ordeal people were afraid to buy them due to the publicity of them, but it wasn't all of them just the tires made in that certain area, *like said before "it's all in who you deal with." It would be better if you guys posted the names of the guys who you ordered with, then it would cause them to find a new job! And this mess would be solved.

Shilo 01-21-2003 07:16 AM

"For the 15% restocking fee (on the lift) that is kind of BS but at the same time, you shouldn't have ordered it if your truck was getting ready to spew!"

Interesting. Thanks for the words of wisdom. I'll write that down so I can remember it next time.

I guess I just don't want to deal with a company where "it's all who you deal with." I'd prefer to deal w/Summit or Nat'l Tire where I believe any one of their employees can help me and provide the same quality level of customer service. If I'm dealing with a company where I feel like I have to write down the name of who I spoke to (and IME I would record all conversations with the 4WPW sales guys), that makes me uneasy.

I'm just crazy like that.

86convert4wd 01-21-2003 07:57 AM

Theres nothing crazy about protecting your a$$ and your hard earned money. ANY reputable has all their conversations recorded for exactly that reason. The thing i like about NTW even though i never delt with them is the fact that it says right on their website that they dont let you order online cuz there are too many variables when dealing with modified vehicles. You have to call and talk to a rep to see EXACTLY what you have and see what will work before you plunk down any hard earned $$. I'd rather pay a few $$ extra to get the right parts/service the first time, especially if the vehicle is your daily driver as well as your weekend toy.

I wont ever deal with Summit again cuz one time i spent $5000 on parts from them to build a 72 Nova. After i got the order(everything was right, on time, and in good shape) i never heard from them again. I called when i needed a new catalog cuz they didn't throw one in the box and when u plan a project catalogs tend to get written on/ripped/mangled/incomplete(we've all done it) they said they'd send one right away. All my friends got theirs and i got nothing so i called and they said they had no record of my name in the catalog file but they did have a record of my order. I told them to look it up and when they saw the price of it they swore they'd overnight me one.

Now i buy from Jegs

BigNorm 01-21-2003 08:55 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
it was the dumbars who was on the phone that day!

[/ QUOTE ] Exactly [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 01-21-2003 07:43 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I'd rather pay a few $$ extra to get the right parts/service the first time, especially if the vehicle is your daily driver as well as your weekend toy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather pay a little more and get a warrenty, and the right stuff! hint: (Les Schwab's)

piaa_nissan 01-21-2003 08:22 PM

I tried to get a price match via email once and never heard a peep from them. The guys in the local store always seem to talk alot of smack about lower prices until I give them one to beat. I buy from smaller stores now, you may pay a bit more but they stick by you when you have issues.

**DONOTDELETE** 01-21-2003 08:42 PM

Well of course you didn't get a ryply. You have to do a price match face to face (or phone to phone) they will be more afraid to say no when speaking with them!

Shovel 01-22-2003 01:15 AM

Yeah I second Les Schwab's. I've never dealt with a more bad ass company in my life.