venezuelan oil report - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

venezuelan oil report

about here i still dont have good news, the oil problem havent been resolved yet because people from the opposition (i dont know if thats the right word, what i mean its the people against the goverment), well that people has been doing sabootage in many of our plants, and they are trying to blame the goverment for the oil crisis, so dont expect to hear good things about Chavez up there, because this people dont have good intentions...

anyway hope you guys have a good time up there, and go off roading...

[img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 12:53 PM

Re: venezuelan oil report

Yikes! My wallet's hurtin' already from the thirsty propane heater in my front room, sounds like I'll be cuttin' more firewood - and soon !

Good news is, I think a few U.S. oil companies are looking to plant some deep-water drilling rigs down there (beyond the 200mi limits), bad news is - even if they do, it's gonna take a looong time before our wallets see any relief !!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Veteran

I wish someone down there would hurry up and [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] Chavez, cuz were gonna need that oil with all the new 500+ HP V8s & V10s the big three are putting out next year, oh almost forgot, caddies new 1000HP V16! [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Geez, soon i may hafta trade in my bronco on something practical? , such as an Escape... [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No offense WD! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Pooh-Bah

Geez, soon i may hafta trade in my bronco on something practical? , such as an Escape...
No offense WD!

None taken. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Actually got to drive it last week, since the wife was out of town for a few days.
I'm now referring to it as the "Sensory Deprivation Tank"....compared to the Bronc'. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Hmmmm, supposed to have a rev limiter, but I was pulling 7,000 rpms in 1st gear! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
(in drive, it shifts at a tad over 6,000)
I also think the 0-60 time of 8.4 - 8.6 seconds in some reviews is off.
Sure felt quicker than that!
Looks like the "wifey-poo" has broken in the top end quite well, thank you very much. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 05:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

So where in Venezuala are you from? My girlfriend is from Caracas... I hope you and your family are safe down there.

Dave Couch
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

im in Maracay, about 120 km from Caracas, but hey! dont blame our president! [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img], do you guys think that he's happy by not selling oil? [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img], if you want to kill someone i can give you their names!:

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] ¡Carlos Ortega! and
[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]¡Carlos Fernandez!

those bastards are the ones who are destroing our country!, if someone wants to be a hero, please do a favor to our country! (BY THE WAY THEY ARE TODAY IN NEW YORK!)

and guys belive me!, I LIVE HERE AND I NOW WHATS GOING ON!

cya guys...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Veteran

Honestly, i have`nt been paying much attention to whats going on down there on the news, would all benefit *with* Chavez?
The reason i made that comment above , it was Chavez a fews years back (more or less) that tried to get all OPEC oil producing nations to Double the price per barrel of oil exported to the U.S.

However the threat of us [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] Saddam, is whats really gonna shoot the prices up in a couple months. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

thats right, but you should know that 80% of the money you pay for a gallon of gas are taxes!!!, just take a look at this:

an oil barrel cost 24 $ aprox...
an oil barrel contents 300 litres (75 gallons)...
that will be aprox 0,32 $ the gallon of oil, i dont know how much you pay for a gallon of gas up there, but you should know that the price you pay for it its given by the goverment, not by us...[img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

a few years ago the price of a barrel of oil was about 5 or 6 $, and i think that the price of gas never changed up there...

so you really should think about it before you say something... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 12:20 PM

Of course, that is the price for crude ...

ya gotta figure in the cost to transport & refine it, too !!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 03:04 PM

Crude Oil is currently trading at a little over $33 a barrel right now. If you look at the futures prices for Unleaded gas. It's trading at a little over $0.90 a gallon. Right now where I live, the price for regular unleaded is $1.30-1.40 gal. So realistically were looking at a difference of 40 to 50 cents. That's for taxes, transporting and individual station mark-up(hey, they gotta make a buck too.) A different way to look at it though is that futures prices were at about $0.50 13 months ago and I think I was still paying the same for gas locally...wierd. What's driving the market is all the "emotion" of a possibility of war. OPEC has already said that they are going to increase prodution or at least maintain current levels so there is no reason for the general public to panic. Again, that's the emotion that's currently driving the price up. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode