Custom rear blocks have landed! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Custom rear blocks have landed!

Thanks to our moderator....these look like they will do the job Zach. Thanks again. Do you happen to know how he did the pin? i.e. how long into the block is it, and is it welded in, or....I ask because it does not look welded on the outside, and I remember your post concerning the pin breaking or coming out on the stock block.

Other than that, I will probably be doing the minor lift, and rear axle shock bracket relocation project in the next couple weeks.

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:09 PM

Re: Custom rear blocks have landed!

i think it goes thorugh a few inches and is a pressed fit and is welded at the bottom which is now covered up.
other than that they look good right?
I'm just glad they got there sometime this year at the rate they where going!
Zach
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Oh yea Zach, they look great, I have no issues with them. I am one of those guys you would probably hate to work on trucks with....first I have to analyze everything, then analyze more before I decide on a plan. then when doing the plan, I usually take longer to do something because I do it so carefully and everything has to be just right.

So, with these blocks, I am trying to decide if I want to add any more weld to the outside, I majorly would not want the welds to crack and have the middle block spit out, all HeII would break loose back there like Muddy's ordeal that one time. And if I decide to weld a bit more, should I also tack that pin where it protrudes? I don't know enough about welding to know if maybe I am just worrying too much about it. Maybe that is plenty strong as is.

As to the pin, that is what I was thinking, that he drilled through the top piece, and on the bottom, which is now sandwiched against the other block, is where he welded it. Do you see this guy often? Is it something you could ask him about in the near future?

Any way, they are heavy, 7 lbs. each! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 12:22 AM
Mud in my Veins

middle block? are you stacking blocks? how could the pin come out if it's stuck in there between two things? it sounds like you're worrying about nothing [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:06 AM

I will talk to him sometime next week i believe.
lets hope they give you the right pinion angle. if you wanted more weld on them i would take it to a profesional welder.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:10 AM

7lbs each? WoW, I don't think they'll crack or break, and the pin you're worried about, if it's pressed then welded I wouldn't worry about anything, Hell the stock ones are pot metal and yes mine are in pieces but, the part with the titty, is the only part that is intact on them. If it's still holding then I'd have no problem believing a 9/16 hardened steel pin that is pressed and welded is waaay more stronger that the junk we have on there now!
[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] Sounds excellent, glad they finally showed up-Bob [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Pooh-Bah

<font color="blue">TheJuice</font color>:
I am one of those guys you would probably hate to work on trucks with....first I have to analyze everything, then analyze more before I decide on a plan. then when doing the plan, I usually take longer to do something because I do it so carefully and everything has to be just right.
Soooo, you and I better not collaborate on any projects! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
We'd end up with a "mile high" pile of research and documention....and....nothing to show for it.
Till we were old and grey, and too senile to remember what we were gonna do anyway! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
But, our tools and workspace would be organized up the "ying-yang". [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
The wife's always commenting that it takes me 4 times as long as I say it will to complete a project.
Probably, cause I'm constantly cleaning the work area, re-organizing the tools, washing my hands, (I hate greasy hands)...etc etc.
And another thing.
How many times have you put something together, just to see what it will look like,
but have to take it back apart and actually assemble it? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Hey! I like the way I work though! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

Oh, back on topic.
Nice job on obtaining the blocks.
Let's see some pics!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 05:22 PM

I on the other hand could probably use some more caution. My sig pic says it all. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 05:23 PM

I on the other hand could probably use some more caution. My sig pic says it all. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Got any pix of the blocks Juice?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

"Till we were old and grey, and too senile to remember what we were gonna do anyway! "

Yep, all your posts lead to loud on clear on this....but, my thinking is we could get spectacular DOT exec jobs. Order a ton of work, inspect, think, analyze, more work, and then file it away. Hey, it's just the taxpayer's money!
[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

"How many times have you put something together, just to see what it will look like,
but have to take it back apart and actually assemble it? "

Can you say, just about every project, especially if visible to others. [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

And now, last but not least, the grandaddy of them all...

YES BigNorm, I can post some pics, but I have to wait ....I liked the blocks Burned got me, but they needed some grinding, filing, etc. including a coat of primer and black paint. Sheesh, they were perfectly suited for the task, but it's the looks that count!!!
[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode