hubs question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

hubs question

hey guys, im gonna buy the hubs soon, but im not sure about the model of hubs i have to buy, are they all standart? im not sure if im gonna buy warn hubs or another brand, how bout those arb? my choice will depend on hteir price...... hehheheehehehehee [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:49 AM

Re: hubs question

Buy the Warn Premiums. Everyone I know that uses them loves them and I've never heard anyone gripe about them.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

but i need to know if they are all the same, before i buy them, i mean, which one fit on my truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Shilo

Looks like you have a '95. The lockouts themselves are all the same for Dana 44s and even GM 10 bolts. The exception is '87/88 Fords, but that does not apply to you.

If you've currently got auto hubs with 3 bolts on the outer cap you'll need a "conversion kit."
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 11:43 AM
froggy

Ok heres what you need if you have automatic hubs like shilo said. The conversion kit or spindle nut kit http://www.central4wd.com/store/itemdetail.asp?ID=695 and the hubs . Here are premiums http://www.central4wd.com/store/itemdetail.asp?ID=690 .
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

whats the funtion of the conversion kit? (i do have auto hubs whit 3 bolts)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 12:37 PM
froggy

if you were ever to convert to manuals you would need the conversion. Its the only way to make it work with manuals. The 3 bolt wont.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Shilo

The conversion kit just changes over the spindle nuts to the "real" style, rather than the funky conglomeration of half-moon and god-knows-what-else crap that Ford put in with some of their auto hubs.

It's just a 4-notch inner & outer locknut and holed washer for each side. Most "conversion kits" are highway robbery, you can get this stuff from any u-pull-it for free (just put it in your pocket) from any Ford with manual hubs. I believe you could also buy the pieces separately for less money - once people package things as a "kit" the price skyrockets.

Anyone who's done an SAS (or is fond enough of TTB to have several lying around: Steve 83) probably has extra locknuts just floating about.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 02:47 PM

I bought the spindle nuts and washers separately at my local Car Quest auto parts for much less than the packaged kit sells for.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What about warn Standard are those cheap? </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I bought the spindle nuts and washers separately at my local Car Quest auto parts for much less than the packaged kit sells for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Car Quest autoparts? Hey what did you buy and how much $$, Burnt piston?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode