Relaying info for Bronco guy in AK - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Relaying info for Bronco guy in AK

Hi. A guy named Wiese from Alaska asked me to post this for him. Apparently he's having problems registering: <font color="blue">
Hey guys,
I am getting a horrible vibration up front. I have just replaced the front wheel bearing on the driver side, inner and outer. I also replaced the u joint on that axle shaft. The bearings were bad so im glad that I replaced them, but the virbration is still there. When I have the hubs locked and Im in 2 wheel drive, then the vibration is constant. When I put the truck into 4wheel drive the vibration goes away while driving constant, But when in 4wheel I slow down the vibration comes back. Could it be the U joints on the fron driveline or the fact that the front driveline hasnt been balanced?? Coudl that cause that horrible vibration in my front end? I guess I can try to do the other 2 axle U joints from the passenger side, but it really feels like it is all coming from the right side of the truck. I am going to remove the drivline and lock the hubs then, so if the vibration still occurs, then I knwo it is in the front end, but if the vibration goes away I know it is the U joints in the driveline? is that a good idea?? any ideas will be appreciated! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks guys</font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Re: Relaying info for Bronco guy in AK

Wiese,
If I were you I'd replace everything on the passenger side as well just to keep up good maintenance. If the Wheel bearings were trash on one side chances are they are on the other as well. Remember to replace the races when you do the bearings or you'll be doing them again much sooner than you would otherwise. I'm thinking vibration like that is probably caused from a bad ujoint. The joint could be one from the driveshaft or axles. While you are doing all of this work make sure to take the time and lube the slipjoint on the pass side axle while you have everything else apart. This would be a good time to make sure your ball joints are in good shape as well.
I hope this helps. email the moderator here with whatever problems you might be having in registering. We would gladly welcome another member to the board. The search function is kinda screwed up right now but you can use the one that is at the bottom of the board. It still works. Take Care [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] NORM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:16 AM

This may be a stuipd question but you didnt mention it inthe post have the tires been rotated front to rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Mud in my Veins

he emailed me too, i suggested checking the axle slipjoint for slack, because mine is loose and there's no way i could run with the hubs locked over 35mph, it vibrates like a mofo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode