92'Bronco I need a Good Cheap Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 11:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

92\'Bronco I need a Good Cheap Lift

First off I own a 92' Bronco with a 351EFI. Its also got the Nite package...just thought id let you know.

Anyways...Im a senior in high school. And me and a few other guys with 4x4s always park toghether. So a buddie of mine has a 89 Blazer and he just got a 6" raise using SkyJackers....and he jumped his tires up to 38s. Now he dwarfs my Bronco...pisses me off. So I decided I need to at least get a 4" raise. So I need input.....my truck is entirely stock. And Im a rookie at this....never really put more than 100$ into my truck. I dont want to spend more than like $450. But I'd like to have a quality raise......anyways its probably not much to work with. But anything anyone can give me...Id appreciate anything you can give me.....(gotta realize though...im not a money machine im a senior in high school)

Bottom line....just help me make my truck a little beefier without the major expenses.

Thanks,
A Grateful Highschool Bronco Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 07:16 AM

Re: 92\'Bronco I need a Good Cheap Lift

A body lift will fit 35s for under a hundered dollars if you put in yourself
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 08:50 AM

Body lift, cutting and used 35s. If you buy new the tires alone will throw you over your budget. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 12:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmm....body lift. duh I hadnt thought of that one yet. Thanks. thats one obstacle down: the price.......but what about the look....i dont wanna be all lop sided....like big tires/little raise...or huge raise/tiny tires

used tires....even better....but im still feelin kinda uneasy about used (although ur right im not guna find new 35s for under 100$.....lol....thanks)

Just chcekin....im sure it looks good but theres not to many broncos around that I can go off of.....maybe if someones got pics. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] preferably somethin '92 and over...

maybe this is all a pipe dream but hopefully i can do this by the end of next month.

thanks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 12:09 PM

heres a pics of mine its a 80 but anyway
http://www.superford.org/registry/showpic.php?pID=16229 another
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/80bronco/pics/bronco.jpg
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey your links are out....but thanks....

any others?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 12:24 PM

They worked for me try again
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 08:48 PM

For the poser look you can indeed put on a body lift. The only disadvantage of the Bodylift is I have yet to find bumper brackets (92-96). I bought bolts and blocks seperate and my lift without bumper mods has cost me about $50. For Street driving 35s should fit with a small $1.00 front bumper mod. 33s will fit stock with the same mod. All this is considering you stay with the stock rims. Go with wider rims then you got to buy a suspension lift.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:59 PM
froggy

LIL trimming of the front frame and a new weld and your bumber will go on fine. You can even drill a new hole and doulbe bolt it. But then you weaken that small portion of the frame a lil more.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 11:12 PM

When it comes to saving some money on tires I highly suggest you take a look at this site http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/index.html I originally put set on a crap Bronco II that was used as a work rig at our cabin. I was amazed at how well they performed. I now run them on my Bronco in the winter time and I have not been let down. They are smooth, did not take much to balance and have been very durable. I watch the pressure but no signs of any problems with either set and one has 17,000 on them. Just thought I would pass it along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode