Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   Left signal cancels CC (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/149818-left-signal-cancels-cc.html)

burntPiston 01-08-2003 01:08 AM

Left signal cancels CC

Activating the left turn signal is cancelling Cruise Control on my '96. Right turn signal is fine. Where should I start looking?

Shilo 01-08-2003 09:00 AM

Re: Left signal cancels CC

IIRC: clockspring

**DONOTDELETE** 01-08-2003 10:16 AM

Ok i've got a stumper for you. in the daytime my cd player works fine, when i turn on the headlights it turns off, but when i leave the headlights on and turn the dome light on the player turns back on. what do you think. my temp solution was to take out the dome light bulb and leave the switch on. works but i have no interior light. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

TheBeast 01-08-2003 10:36 AM

no clue here dude but you could always run your cd player straight off the battery [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Shilo 01-08-2003 12:20 PM

The dome light thing doesn't make sense to me.

That said, I had a very similar situation on my '90. I had accidentally wired the stereo's primary power into the stock wire which lights the Ford stock stereo. It runs at full voltage normally, but once you hit the lights a resistor reduces voltage so as to dim the stock stereo.

Whenever I would hit my lights the stereo would cut out momentarily as power switched over, but it still ran fine on the reduced voltage. It could be that your stereo is more picky, and won't operate on anything less than 12V (I dunno exactly what the resistor allows for voltage).

Still, the dome light thing still doesn't fit.

Bottom line you need to just give your stereo nice, clean, uninterrupted 12V. So yank it out and hook the red wire up to such a power source, switched thru ignition if you wish. Yellow should of course be hot at all times for memory.

WD40 01-08-2003 02:35 PM

Activating the left turn signal is cancelling Cruise Control on my '96. Right turn signal is fine. Where should I start looking?
[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That's a safety cut out so you don't make sharp left turns with the cruise on! [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
Seriously though, I had the same problem on my '85.
I dismantled the controls (for the cruise) on the steering wheel, cleaned all the contacts up, and haven't had a problem since.