Junk Yard Hunt - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Biggie_Truck

Junk Yard Hunt

Decided to buy a 95 Blue and Silver 351 auto with manual hubs locally after furthur review instead of the grey manual 302. The added bottled up power will be critical to rolling the monster meats when unleashed. The truck is in perfect condition! Ill get some pictures soon. K+N plus B+M Trans impr already on the way.

Taking under advisement the respones of you fellow Bronco People Im focused on axles first. Rummaging around the local grave yard I found that there are two 10.25 rears availible. One is at u-pull-it for $16 + sweat equity to get it out of that muddy pit yard and the other is already removed and ready to go for $250. They are both from F-250s.

My question is that the removed one had an electrical plug on the pig. Is that a Ford locker? Is it any good? This could turn into a nice find and save me the $300 plus bucks for a new locker which is a must have item for this ride.

By the way the 10.25 is freaking massive! Im sold!

Still looking for a D60 Front. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 05:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Junk Yard Hunt

the electrical plug could be for a Rear ABS system....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 06:03 PM

that is the tone ring sensor.
mkae shure you found a full floater, and not the semi floater version.
the full floater has a big hub that sticks through the wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Shilo

"B+M Trans impr already on the way.

Taking under advisement the respones of you fellow Bronco People..."

If you want to continue taking advice from me don't run the B&M shift improver thing (unless you're referring to an actual shift kit that installs IN the tranny). Best case it'll just get hot, not-so-good case it'll melt itself, worst case it'll fry your PCM.

I've no doubt several people here who run this now will disagree with me, but it's not worth it IMHO
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 08:46 AM
Biggie_Truck

Thanks Mr. Burned. It doesnt have the full float. Is it really that big of a deal. Your truck is sick. Do you jump it often? If so, how much air do you get? They also had a D60 rear. Looks pretty stout. Any comment on it?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Biggie_Truck

Yeah right. Dont want to take any chances with this truck. The transpak looks cool. Do you know if the shift selector works for my E40D. The B+M web page description is a little confusing. If not Ill call them on Mon.
Thanks. What type of axles do you have? And do you jump your truck?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 09:05 AM

biggie what yards are you pullin / buyin from. everything by me is pretty slim pickins and im sure you'd have a lot more trucks to ravage out there. i run through pennsy during work often enough that even if its a lil far out a may be able to check any out on lunch so i can plan a trip off work ours.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 02:45 PM

Yes, that is a big deal. lockers are limited for the semi float 10.25 the full float is more $, bigger and way beefier. the one key thing on the semi float is that you can have it converted to 5 lug, but it takes some $$
the dana 60 wont work in you truck if its a 92+ without a way to have a tone ring going to your computer.
jump my truck? huh? not often, sometimes in the dunes, maybe abouta foot or so, nothing really intentianal. Mines made for the trails and the rocks. not for the streets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode