Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   6" lift coils (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/149181-6%22-lift-coils.html)

BigNorm 01-02-2003 10:16 PM

6\" lift coils

Does anybody have an extra set of these laying around? If not where is the best place to purchase coils by themselves without a kit. Please respond quick before Zach moves this into it's propper place! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Funny how you can tell a story with pictures. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NORM

bucknbronc 01-02-2003 10:29 PM

Re: 6\" lift coils

What are you gonna do put 6" coils up front and blocks or add-a-leafs in the rear? I know somebody that has 2" add-a-leafs for a bronco, and they would sell them for cheap.

BurnedBronco 01-02-2003 10:35 PM

why this norm? [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
what kind of coils, TTB style or solid style?
Zach

BigNorm 01-03-2003 10:32 AM

I thought you would consider this something that should go up in the for sale/wanted section. I'm hunting for some good 6" TTB style lift coils. Or a good source to buy them from without getting robbed. I've heard that superlift is good as far as the springs go. My new goal is to clear the 37s without the cutting carnage. I thought the clearance would help with rocks too. I've seen a Bronco with an 8" lift, SAS, and 37s and when I thought it was going over it stayed on all fours. While I don't want to go that high I do think it would be cool to clear 'em without cutting. Of course if it is necesary in the end...

WD40 01-03-2003 01:18 PM

Rough Country sells their components separately. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Here's the listings by part number.
Looks like you want the #9255 front springs.

froggy 01-03-2003 01:25 PM

humm i never knew there was a difference in ttb /SA style coils. Whats the difference? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

zakt 01-03-2003 02:23 PM

now like with my superlift (wanna be 6" lift) I believe it is truely 4.5"... even had to trim the front valance under the front bumper for the 35" tires to fit (while turning)...maybe they were 6" coils but sag from weight to 4.5"...also the pitman arm is a 4.5" etc..etc... mind you I didnt get blocks so have the superlift leafs that match up to the (wanna be 6" lift)..The ride although is awesome can go like HAUL over speed bumps without flinching [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Things to think about...

muddybronco 01-03-2003 03:37 PM

the difference between the solid axle and TTB coils is that the coil towers are 2" higher on the frame on the old solid axle trucks, so their coils are naturally 2" longer than the equivalent TTB coil. So if you put a solid axle under a TTB bronco and are ordering coils to make your truck 6" higher than stock, you need to order coils from a 78-79 4" lift kit, not 6". This assumes you use the stock coil towers from the TTB.

bucknbronc 01-03-2003 04:01 PM

Norm, have you considered 2" coil spacers? There are some on ebay for $40. I haven't really thought of those but it would level my rig out for those 33's I want. You are about doin' things cheap so this would save you some $$. What are everybody elses thoughts on the coil spacer thing?

BigNorm 01-03-2003 04:44 PM

I've thought of that option but I believe that coils by themselves are not that expensive. I'm thinking aproximately $100 for the set. Good point Doug! If I purchase some maybe I will go the route of buying 4" Strait axle springs to garantee I get the whole 6".
Todd. You bring up a good point also. I truly thing that Rancho probably comes closest to telling the truth when it comes to how much lift there kit provides. Since we both know that the Rancho 4" kit will stuff 35s.
I'd like to thank everybody for your input and contributing to my new disease Inchitus. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NORM