Hey Al l Of you TTB nerds>>>??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 09:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Al l Of you TTB nerds>>>???

Hello I am having trouble finding out the Part names! I am not a Gear head obviolsly, Please Help
The ones I got:
radius arm bracket, radius arm bracket, and Spindle.

Transmission, Transfercase, Adapter,
Rotors,
Hubs, TTB With pinion, F&R driveshafts
Radius Arms, Springs "axle Halves" Swaybar
Blocks, TTB mounts,Bump Stops, Pitman Arm. Radius Arm Brakets
I do not know What this thing it o----o (what it looks like, Two on the pic) andnear the hubs to the Right some kind'a half a Circle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 986607-untitled.JPG (21.5 KB, 92 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 10:10 PM

Re: Hey Al l Of you TTB nerds>>>???

Boy, your pic is real small, so it is hard to see anything. I believe you have the bolt sticking up that goes on each end of the TTB housing and holds the lower coil retainer.

Also, looks like you have one, if not two of the brackets that bolt the TTB to the frame/crossmember.

I just can't really make out much more. Can it be enlarged?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 10:10 PM

the ones in the middle(top to bottom) of the pic on the outside of each side are your steering knuckles and spindles.
the middle ones are the TTB drop brackets i believe, but are on the wrong side the way they are laid out from the best i can tell.
i cant tell what the things are at the bottom of the pic even with the width blown up to 14 inches wide.
edit, thats it juice ,the things at the bottom are the spacer the coil sits on, and the coil hold down plate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The supposed TTB drop Brakets are For the Radius Arm.

Also The on top of the Pitman arm is the tie rod and on top of that is the Drag link?? Correct??
Those Funny things near the Swaybar look like o---o but top to bottom/verticle.
O
|
|
O
Thanks guys!!! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Shilo

Holy crap, did you buy all that new? While you're throwing money away, wanna give me some??
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 11:48 AM

Can;'t tell much in your pic, as stated, but in general,, the Pitman is what is bolted to the steering box. the drag link is bolted to the pitman and the tie rod is connected to the drag link. one end of the drag link is another tie rod. The tie rods connect to the spindle and the spindle bolts on to each of the TTb arms at the knuckle with ball joints. the rotor attaches to the hub which has the wheel bearing in it and it goes on the spindle. The radias arms bolt to the TTB arms and then go into the radias arm bucket that are bolted to the frame. The TTb is also bolted to the center crossmember under the engine to form the second hard point. this forms the pivet point. Coil mounts bolt on top of where the radias arms bolt on to the TTB as do the shock mounts.

Hope this helps. Everybody else.... if I have made anything confusing let me know and I will reword it so others reading this will have apoint of reference.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 06:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Holy crap, did you buy all that new

[/ QUOTE ] Thats how all of that looks all over my my garage floor! Thats to to convert a F150 To 4x4 8.5K in total! NO it aint a money giveaway! just a small pre Runnner Project!!!!
I think the Thing That looks like o-----o might be the motor mounts! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
BRaND spankin new!!!!!!!!! I got Tired of junkyard trash!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 07:18 PM

For 8.5K you could have my fully functional '93 Bronco and I would get another one. A small amount of time to clean a part is cheaper to me than 8.5K to START a project. I saw no chunk, Ring &amp; Pinion, carrier, Yoke, bolts at $3 each from Ford, shocks, gasket/seal set, shims, U-joints. front driveshaft, transfer case, E4OD built for 4X4, rear driveshaft, etc, etc. You want new? You will be out about 50k for the project.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 07:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know I could've Done that!But I like The New TTb! Shiny high Gloss paint! </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I saw no chunk, Ring &amp; Pinion, carrier, Yoke, bolts at $3 each from Ford, shocks, gasket/seal set, shims, U-joints. front driveshaft, transfer case, E4OD built for 4X4, rear driveshaft, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ] <<<<---- I do not know what you mean by that!
I go the Drive Tain out of a 1999 F150 That Had been Wrecked.
5.4L V8
4R7oW Tranny
I wanna what it may cost to make it 4x4.Anyone know???
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 07:11 PM

What I mean by that is you are buying all new stuff and you got alot more to buy, but then you say you got a drive train out of a 99? That one doesn't have the TTB so you are still missing quite a bit. The only usable stuff is the tranny and t-case, well you can get the front drive shaft reworked and cut your old one but still....

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but to buy new stuff so it can be shiny high gloss is a big waste of money. Are you going to show it and NEVER touch mud? Mud has a way of staining anything it touches.

What year is the truck you are planning on converting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode