101 ways to use your high-lift jack - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

101 ways to use your high-lift jack

Although I havn't needed it yet I was wondering how other board members use their high-lifts. I was also wondering shere the best jacking points are on the bronco. Im thinking of either buying or making an aftermarket bumper with grill guard so that i have a good jack point to lift both front tires to put chains on for the snow. I also know that they can be used as a winch but i havnt looked into what accessories i may need. I've also seen adapters that allow you to jack using the hubs but im not sure if this would work with a semi-floating axle. So how do you use your high-lift? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 06:15 PM

Re: 101 ways to use your high-lift jack

i used it to change a tire on 86convert4wd's truck on the parkway with my truck on a flatbed. jacked right off the back of the truck. Ive also used em to lift the rear of a truck, so we can push it off to the left or right, so we could make a turn on a trail that was too sharp for the truck to make. Some people even use em (with a block and tackle,) as a makeshift winch.
I currently use mine to do tire/brake/axle work, as my floor jack cant lift the truck high enough to get the wheels off the ground.
Theres lotsa uses for it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 06:22 PM

Hey wasnt that 86converteds truck we used it on to go around corners seems his truck is the only one who has needed it other than in the drive way. ha ha ha [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have used my high lift to push the rear of a leaf spring out away from the frame to get the bolt out of the spring hanger then I used it like a vise to get it to line back up so the bolt would go throuh. I have practiced using it like a winch but havnt had to use it as such yet and the only other things I have used for is basic jacking. If jacking the back of a vehicle up I would suggest using some kind of make sift base. I used a 3/4 in peice of plywood about 2 ft by 3 ft and attatch it to the bottom any time I am lift something to keep it more stable. also help when jacking in the mud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 10:44 PM
Mud in my Veins

oh man, those things are infinitely useful! i've used mine in the front frame rails and rear hitch to pull the truck up out of ruts, put the truck up on frame jackstands, push it at an angle to move the bronco out of a near-roll in a huge washout, move a tree covering the trail, bend bumpers back after trees got ahold of them, and also to hold the rear of two different broncos up while reattaching their rear axles [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] somehow i've managed to bend it, but it still works and i never leave home without it [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

i've attempted to use it as a winch but it really doesnt have enough force for a straight pull.... i'd like to try it with a pulley, i bet it'd work, though it'd be slow
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:39 PM
froggy

Yup they are worth their weight in gold. I carry two 60 inch jacks and love em.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:32 AM

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
jacked right off the back of the truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

TMI [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 06:17 PM

hahahahahaha [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
hoyl crap, i almost choked on my dinner when i read that, i was laughing so hard! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
thats not quite what i meant, lol [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 08:30 PM

used oen today to get a f 250 snow plow out fo a jam, it slid sideways inbewteen some rocks and a french dran and ended up on the frame, the drain swallowed a 245/75r16 tire. Wasnt funn either jacking it out in the snow. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 12:43 PM
Torvald

Anyone know if they make a stainless stell parts kit for the high-lift? It's great but the action rusts up fast being mild steel.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 12:55 PM

RepT, just don't spill any on the paint!!!
[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There is a repair kit, don't know of any stainless repair kit. Do you spray it regularly with WD-40? Don't worry, he won't mind. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode