what 6 inch lift,axles,gears - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:57 AM
Bocephus

what 6 inch lift,axles,gears

what 6 inch stage2 lift is best,i want the offset radius arms becouse i will be running 15-18 inch wide tires and i dont want them to rub?How about the back,should i replace the springs completely or do a multiple add a leaf with block.I plan on using torque arms so i am not worried about twisting.Do you think the stock axles with 5.13 gears and stock small block power will handle 38s in moderate use?If not i could put a dana 60 in back,but what about the front?I want to keep the ttb,maybe convert to 8 lug.Would a dana 50 ttb pig out of a f250 fit the 44,would it be much better?Thanks for any ideas,Bo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 09:00 AM

Re: what 6 inch lift,axles,gears

If you check the posts about lifts for the past few days or do a search and change the time criteria to 6 months there will be a ton of info on all the questions you have
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 01:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you are goin to lift....always do new leafs in the rear...add a leafs or blocks are the cheap way if you ask me,i do know skyjacker,superlift and dick cepek make some good lift kits...i've also heard alot of issues about ranchos new lift kits....fabtech(i think?) makes a good kit as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 05:37 PM
BoulderBronco7

18" wide tire [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]? Thats crazy. Your truck will turn like a bus. I don't think you can do anything about rubbing with such a wide tire.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 08:58 PM

i got a set 38" wide, ill try those on next year if somebody buys me a set of 8 lug rims 20x35
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 08:53 AM

I wanna see those on the Zuk !!!

They off'n some kinda farm implement??!! I'm havin a hard time picturing 38" wide ... dayumn !!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 04:27 PM

I disagree about new leafs, unless you don't mind the extra several hundred spent. Rancho supplied me with a good dual full length add per side, has worked well. Also, I believe it is superlift that is having lift kit quality issues recently, not Rancho. Rancho does not sell a 6" kit anyway.

As to the wheel size and stock axles....anything is possible, but I think I would have better luck winning the current powerball than dealing with that setup.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 04:33 PM

I am going Dick Cepek 4 in series II with a spring hanger flip in the rear to level it out. that with the 2 in body lift should fit my 35/12.50/15s just fine. could run 14 in wide tires with the right back spacing but they would probably rub. He!! I cuold probably run 36s if I wanted but I dont want to put anymore strain on the axles than I have to [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 10:49 PM
froggy

I ran 38's on 15 inch wheels , with a 6 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift. Sounds like you should have np with 35's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode