Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   what 6 inch lift,axles,gears (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/147967-what-6-inch-lift-axles-gears.html)

Bocephus 12-22-2002 07:57 AM

what 6 inch lift,axles,gears

what 6 inch stage2 lift is best,i want the offset radius arms becouse i will be running 15-18 inch wide tires and i dont want them to rub?How about the back,should i replace the springs completely or do a multiple add a leaf with block.I plan on using torque arms so i am not worried about twisting.Do you think the stock axles with 5.13 gears and stock small block power will handle 38s in moderate use?If not i could put a dana 60 in back,but what about the front?I want to keep the ttb,maybe convert to 8 lug.Would a dana 50 ttb pig out of a f250 fit the 44,would it be much better?Thanks for any ideas,Bo

80BRONCO 12-22-2002 08:00 AM

Re: what 6 inch lift,axles,gears

If you check the posts about lifts for the past few days or do a search and change the time criteria to 6 months there will be a ton of info on all the questions you have

**DONOTDELETE** 12-24-2002 12:40 PM

If you are goin to lift....always do new leafs in the rear...add a leafs or blocks are the cheap way if you ask me,i do know skyjacker,superlift and dick cepek make some good lift kits...i've also heard alot of issues about ranchos new lift kits....fabtech(i think?) makes a good kit as well

BoulderBronco7 12-24-2002 04:37 PM

18" wide tire [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]? Thats crazy. Your truck will turn like a bus. I don't think you can do anything about rubbing with such a wide tire.

BurnedBronco 12-24-2002 07:58 PM

i got a set 38" wide, ill try those on next year if somebody buys me a set of 8 lug rims 20x35

hitechredneck 12-26-2002 07:53 AM

I wanna see those on the Zuk !!!

They off'n some kinda farm implement??!! I'm havin a hard time picturing 38" wide ... dayumn !!!

TheJuice 12-26-2002 03:27 PM

I disagree about new leafs, unless you don't mind the extra several hundred spent. Rancho supplied me with a good dual full length add per side, has worked well. Also, I believe it is superlift that is having lift kit quality issues recently, not Rancho. Rancho does not sell a 6" kit anyway.

As to the wheel size and stock axles....anything is possible, but I think I would have better luck winning the current powerball than dealing with that setup.

80BRONCO 12-26-2002 03:33 PM

I am going Dick Cepek 4 in series II with a spring hanger flip in the rear to level it out. that with the 2 in body lift should fit my 35/12.50/15s just fine. could run 14 in wide tires with the right back spacing but they would probably rub. He!! I cuold probably run 36s if I wanted but I dont want to put anymore strain on the axles than I have to [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

froggy 12-26-2002 09:49 PM

I ran 38's on 15 inch wheels , with a 6 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift. Sounds like you should have np with 35's