Daystar's 1" body lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Daystar\'s 1\" body lift

I like the look of this pollyurethane kit. It doesn't have lift blocks. It adds an additional inch onto the polly body mounts. I think it would help eliminate some of my body flex too. Whutch guys think? I'm going to have to change body mounts soon anyway. I may as well just get an extra inch in there while I'm at it. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think I may have the inchitus bug. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Veteran

Re: Daystar\'s 1\" body lift

Who carries that kit???

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 02:10 PM

I don't see any link BNorm, was there one? In any case, is it a kit that REPLACES your stock rubber bushings, but also is 1" taller? That would be great. What is the cost?

I had considered that route, but the only way I knew was to make the poly bushings myself, like some other 2BB's members had done. So, this is great. I am going with spacers for the front and a stock block swap out for a 1" thicker block in rear, mainly because total cost is very reasonable, my body mounts are perfect except for the front two, and my suspension work is way easier for me to accomplish.
[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Sorry to get you guys excited. They currently only make them for Jeeps. I saw them in a Magazine at work last night and got excited myself. I suppose if you found some Polly stock you could make your own thogh. Here's the link to what I was thinking of. Daystar 1" lift body bushings Here's another idea though: Daystar Coil Spring Spacer.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 01:30 PM

Is anyone riding with those spacer on now?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 03:54 PM

I would not recommend the daystar coil spacer. Superlift makes steel spacers in 1/4" increments. You can go up to 1". I have 3/4" of those plus the custom block for the rear. the only difficult part will be the untorquing of the bolt that goes into the axle housing and holds the spring and radius arm items.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 06:20 PM

Heat is your friend on abolt like that, espicially if its rusty. i had to do that on my old axle to get some parts out.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking that that spacer might work alright if I lowered the radius arm the same distance of the lift spacer. I've heard that heat and a shot of WD40 breaks them loose. Haven't tried it yet though. How much are the 1/4" spacers from superlift?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 09:47 AM

Each pair of 1/4" spacers were about $13. There are two types, round cut center and hex center. I am using 1 round center for a spacer under the nut that is on the big bolt, and then two hex that go right over that nut on the big bolt. Part numbers from superlift are the 1088 and 89. this is basically the same thing WD-40 wrote about way back when, except his friend or brother machined these for him. Well, this is a very inexpensive item, so for me it was just cheaper/easier to buy these already made. They are zinc coated as well.

You don't need to mess with dropping the radius arms.

Depepnding on how much lift you use (especially if you go the whole 1"), and your current camber, you may need to have camber readjusted to take out the + camber you just introduced. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I love the idea! I'm thinking of just adding a one inch spacer under the radius arm bracket to level it all out. I'm considering fabbing up some extreme heavy duty shackels for a little extra lift in the back. I think it can be done within reason. I never thought I would have inchitus but I am inflicted indeed. Take Care! NORM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode