SHACKEL FLIP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

SHACKEL FLIP

Ok I am wondering if you can use the front shaclke off of any 1/2 ton truck or is it the rear off of a 3/4 ton pick up. another words what all can I get a shackle from to do a shacle flip and would anyone sugest doing one with a 4 inch lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Shilo

Re: SHACKEL FLIP

You're not using shackles, you're using the *spring hanger.*

You need the front spring hanger for the rear springs (think about this), ie the one just behind the doors on a pickup or Bronco. You can obtain this from any U150-F350, altho the 1/2 ton versions might provide less lift and would probably be better for your 4" lift.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the info I have a 79 f150 2 wd donar truck that I am going to get the shackles off of so that will be great. If any and everyone could take a good picture of this modification so I can see the new configuration of the spring compared to the spring hanger would be great I sould be doing this next month.

P.S I did do the search I just wanted to see if there are any new people on the board that have done this with more pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Mud in my Veins

i put up a page about my shackle flip:
http://www.arkansasmud.com/rsi/

the pictures help a lot... i tried to explain it in words but it's kinda confusing without seeing a picture first. No matter what truck you pull the hangers off of, you want to find one that holds the forward leaf spring pivot point at or below the bottom of the frame in its original configuration. This will give you the most lift. If you use the same hangers that I did, you should get right at 4" lift if you put the springs right on top of the axle housing. Pinion angle ought to be perfect like that as well, though BigNorm claims his shaft doesnt vibrate even with the factory shim under there (on my truck it did vibrate with it in there because it rotated the pinion up too far, dunno why it works for him)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 06:00 PM

You run the AOD right? I think the AOD is a little longer than the C6 I'm running. Maybe that's why I didn't run into the same problem. It looks like you may have got a little more height out of yours too. Mine looked like that when I first put it together but it has settled some since then. Then again... Maybe I'm just lucky. lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode