Bumper Bracket Bending? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 11:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bumper Bracket Bending?

Hey guys,

Last summer I hit a hill a little to fast and I bent my front bumper down a bit. I thought I could clear it but apparently not. So now my grille guard and everything is tilted forward. I would like to bend it back up to normal, as It would look horrible to try and sell it like that. Well I Was wondering what is an easy way to straighten out bumper brackets . Im going to bend the Rear bumper back to normal as well , it is bent up a lil bit, hardly noticable but I still see it. I was wondering if maybe heating the brackets up and then bending them back to normal woudl work best. My uncles shop has frame bending chains built into the shop floor. I could use those to bend then back to normal if i hooked onto a good spot, that wouldnt come loose maybe. Hmm just lookin for others ideas. Im not lookin to buy any new [bleep] here as im a broke college student living in alaska [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so i just want to make it look normal [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] THanks guys....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 02:02 PM
froggy

Re: Bumper Bracket Bending?

Take off the bumber and hammer them straight.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 11:47 AM

It's sacrilege to post for help and then say you want to sell the vehicle. However it is ok to say you want to sell it to buy a better Ford Trail Rig! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes BigNorm, I know but i am getting tired of the little F150, I was thinking going with a F350 Diesel as my next truck. Make it really big, or if the price is right and I dont mind the gasoline prices, a 79 F350, If i can find one still... Well Yeah I had this project, money trap for some time now and I just need a new rig. Maybe F350 can handle Alaska a little better [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks guys, Im going home to try out all my new tricks and Ideas you have told me about. I wil like you know how it goes after the break. Have a merry Christmas guys...Byebye
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 06:07 PM

OK. So long as you don't deprive us of your company while you build it. Diesels are cool. The F350 will come with all the components you need to install your new 44" Mud and Snows. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Mud in my Veins

i drove an old 91 7.3 diesel Uhaul truck this weekend and was pretty impressed with it's pick up given how bad everybody talks about them being slow. for a truck with a barn on the back, a 3spd auto, 348K miles, and zero oil pressure [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], it did pretty well, even fully loaded [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] i've got to go drive a turbo diesel now, they must flat haul asss [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

oh and when you turn the key off and it shakes the cab back and forth as it stops turning, man that is an awesome reminder of torque on board [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode