DEALAWARE SUCKS NOW !!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

DEALAWARE SUCKS NOW !!!

Well for any one keeping track of lift laws a 3 in body lift is illegal in delaware if you keep your body bushings on the vehicle here is a copy of the code I have to go pull off the body bushings now and get ready yo order ssome fender flares for the old bronco time to do some cutting
title 21 delaware code
4318. Bumper, Frame Rail, and Body Heights.

(a) No passenger vehicle or station wagon that is required to be registered under Chapter 21 of this title shall be registered or operated upon any highway of the State if the bumper height of such vehicle exceeds 22 inches from the ground to the bottom of the bumper, or if the vehicle frame rail is higher than the attached bumper, or if the maximum distance between the vehicle body and vehicle frame rail exceeds 3 inches.

(b) Vehicles not included in subsection (a) of this section that are required to be registered under Chapter 21 of this title shall not be registered or operated upon any highway of the State if the bumper height of such vehicle exceeds 30 inches from the ground to the bottom of the bumper, or if the vehicle frame rail is higher than the attached bumper, or if the maximum distance between the vehicle body and vehicle frame rail exceeds 3 inches.

(c) The following vehicles are exempt from this section: antique motor vehicles registered under 2196 of this title; authorized emergency vehicles; motor vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or greater; and vehicles registered with farm truck plates (FT tags), as defined in 2113(1) of this title.

(d) Any person found guilty of operating a motor vehicle in violation of this section shall, for the first offense, be fined not less than $50 nor more than $115 For each subsequent like offense within one year, such person shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $230. Measurements made with an over-the-counter measuring device shall be prima-facia evidence of a violation. (62 Del. Laws, c. 147, 1; 68 Del. Laws, c. 9, 45; 70 Del. Laws, c. 85, 1; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, 1.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 07:25 PM

Re: DEALAWARE SUCKS NOW !!!

Ok, so then a 1 or 2" body lift is still legal?

What brought all this about? Is it a new law, or did you go for inspection, or get pulled over or something? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sounds like its time for that 6" susp lift! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Inspection time I am going to cut down the body lift to 2in and going to ret a 4 in suspension lift hopefully before the apr 19 th 20th paragon run
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 07:56 PM
froggy

I suggest buying yourselves , your state inspection manuals. I know here in virginia , the state police will sell you one for 10 bucks. I got mine because of some ass hole inspectors doing foul stuff. I.E. saying my body lift could not sit on top of my factory bushings. which they were wrong about. Or saying my truck was too high when it wasnt. Or my perosnal favorate , they tried to tell me my drop pitman arm waas bad hehe. Crooked ass inspectors. Now I just toss it on my seat when inpsection time comes around and they seem to do a more fair inspection. Or ill take it down to a guy I know who will inspect it for me.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:10 PM
Mud in my Veins

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
if the bumper height of such vehicle exceeds 22 inches from the ground to the bottom of the bumper, or if the vehicle frame rail is higher than the attached bumper,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got some more bad news for you! The bottom of my frame rail in the front is 29" with my 6" suspension lift! That means the stock bumper would be about 25" off the ground at its lowest point, which is illegal according to that passage! If you're going to put on a suspension lift and big tires, you better damn well build a HUGE bumper! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:14 PM

Yeah, but thats states from the bottom of the bumper, which would give him an extra couple inches. Either way, i think id measure that right now, and see what youve got to work with
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:17 PM
froggy

buy yourself a set of el cheapo tires for inspection times and run those hehe , hell mine is a tad cheated , my rear bumber is just a tad tilted. Not even noticable , but it gets me under the numbers hehe
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Well I called dmv today to make sure I wasnt going to was anymore of my money. They told me that I am covered under section b and can go to a max of 30 ins to bottom of bumper so here comes that 4 in lift.

Hey juice are you running a steering kit with your 4 in kit or is it not neccassary
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2002, 06:18 PM

I like the tire idea. Buy some low profiles and bump your music up when you go to the station. lol. Make the bastages lay down in the dirt to have to check your frame out. Nazis! I hate 'em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode