Powerstroke Bronco??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Powerstroke Bronco???

I have been told that there is a company that does powerstroke swaps into Broncos and old Fords located somewhere in Montana. I am told that a Bronco swap includes motor, tranny, sterling rear, d60 front, all for $5500. I don't see how it is possible for the price. Does anyone have any info or have at least heard of this company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 12:31 AM
froggy

Re: Powerstroke Bronco???

Yeah i dont see how that could either. But hey you never know.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 11:19 AM

doin\' the job

Yea the company is called Havack, INC. You bring them a PS truck and your bronco and they will do the job for free and keep the left overs! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 12:01 PM

There is a company that swaps Cummins diesels into Fords. Ford+Cummins.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 07:21 PM
FordDiesel

You need a lot more than that to put in a PowerStroke. Powerstrokes are 'fly by wire', there are no throttle cables or linkages, so you'd also have to put in the throttle pedel with it's sensors, the computer, wireing harness, new intake and exhaust, new fuel lines and probably new fuel tanks, new suspension to compensate for all the extra weight. You'd also have to beef up your tranny and get tougher U joints, ??maybe even new drive shafts??. I'm not sure what T-case the Broncs use, but that may need replacing or need to be beefed up. The PSD makes a lot more torque than you gasser does and your 1/2 ton parts just wont hold up.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

I understand that there would be a ton of things involved, I just hit the highlights. I am not so concerned with what it takes, I just wanted to know if anyone knew about the company.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 08:13 PM
BoulderBronco7

All 92-96 Broncos had the same drivetrain as the 1 tons. They had the E4OD and the BW 1356. Obviously the axles were different though. So the Powerstroke should bolt right up to the Tranny but the rest would be difficult like you said.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Mud in my Veins

though they both share the E4OD, the diesel has a different housing pattern and torque convertor curve, so it wouldnt work [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] you pretty much need a complete powerstroke truck (rolled or sprayed by machine guns) and need to swap everything over to the Bronco. With that said, you could probably find just such a truck for under $5500 if the body and bed were tweaked, which would be a friggin awesome ride to build! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 11:03 PM

Even a big block E4OD and a E4OD for the PSD are different. I have seen them and they might bolt up but are diff. The 1356 was about the same but that would be it. The u's are stronger .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode