Exhaust Sensors - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Exhaust Sensors

On my 92 F150 4x4 with the 351,I Have installed a Cat back Flowmaster system. From the Manifolds to the cat are still original, but when I was going to put my headers on I had to cut a small tube that is connected to the cat. I cut it the tube so I could remove the Cat and the Y pipe to see how the headers would fit. The headers would not have fit on the setup I have so i decided to put it back together. I got it all back togather and I remember that damn lil tube coming off the cat that I had cut. So then I had a check engine light on all the time. I recently used a cheap clamp to reconnect the tubes but there are small leaks through the clamp that make very annoying noises. I dont think i could weld up in that small space very easiliy and that muffler puddy [bleep] is too jerry rigged for me. I was wondering if maybe a really small exaust clamp would work? I would cut the ends of the tube flat and then connect them with the clamp. But I still get that small leak in there. Was wondering any method to fix it for good. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Im trying to sell the truck so I need to do something that might last a little while [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thank guys....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Exhaust Sensors

it's probably making a funny sound because the exhaust is leaking out, so all you need to do is plug up that hole in the cat and leave the tube dangling, or remove it altogether like i did. it's hard to say under the mud, but i think somebody welded that hole shut on my cat before i got the truck, but you could plug it up with pretty much anything as long as it can stand the heat. i saw some sort of high-temp exhaust repair compound at AutoZone that says it will close up to a 1/4" gap, so if you want to leave the tube on there, you might try that stuff in addition to the clamps.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 09:42 PM
froggy

Normally they come with a plug on them. A little metal one will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 09:49 PM

I'm guessing that 1/2" pipe to the cat is from your air pump.

If that's so, several auto stores carry a super high heat silicone impregnated rubber hose to connect these high temp pipes together. You might have to buy the whole pipe repair kit, but right now you're probably willing to pay a lot more than that to get this to stop leaking right ?

If you can't find one in Alaska, hop over to Whitehorse and order one up from Canadian Tire. I priced the kit there and they wanted $27.99 Canadian for it.

Sixlitre

p.s./
Haven't been over to the western Arctic since 99
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 09:58 PM

Isn't that like $2.60 U.S. ?? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

... sorry, couldn't resist !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode