OBO---what would YOU offer??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

OBO---what would YOU offer???

Theres a Ramsey REP8000 winch *new* in box in our classified this morning, guys asking $500/OBO. Thats a good price right there since their $650 new but i cant spare 5 bills right now(but for a good enough price [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) , how low would you make an offer without insulting the guy???

I thought about that MM E8000, but it only comes with a 2 year warranty whereas every other winch comes with a lifetime [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 09:40 AM

Re: OBO---what would YOU offer???

Lifetime warranty on what? The solenoids I do not believe are under any lifetime warranty. Maybe the metal casing, and internal gears, but I seriously doubt these items will ever go bad unless the casing is damaged from the outside, not covered under a warranty, or you seriously overload the gear/drivetrain, in which case if I am not mistaken, the solenoid blows first. That's how they are designed.

As to your question, you can start at $350. If he is desperate, he might take it or come down some more. that gives you room to settle at $400, which would be a real nice deal, and you saved another dime. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Mud in my Veins

say something like "i found a winch online for $350 plus shipping but wanted to check with you first to see if you could get pretty close to that so I wouldnt have to bother with having it shipped" ... maybe?

SuperSwamper on the Dodge forum is having problems with his MM8000, you might want to read his thread first before you buy one of those. i'm still very skeptical about MM coming out with an electric winch all of the sudden. i think they found a company trying to get rid of some no-name winches cheap and MM thought they could catch some of the electric winch market using their name, but that's just my theory. i figured if they ever came out with an electric, it would be some innovative design that whoops Warn's asss, but this is just a regular ol winch with nothing at all to brag about except the price [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Well I did`nt have the nerve to go as low as $350 but i offered him 400 and he took it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], i figure if its new in the box (which he claims the banding is still on it) i can at least sell it for what i paid for it if i want to upgrade [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
BTW: it does have a roller fairlead also

Gonna pick it up tomorrow...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 03:01 AM
Mud in my Veins

yah, good score! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode