Just thought I'd say hello. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Just thought I\'d say hello.

I just thought I'd say hello to you all over here on the Ford board ( I'm normaly on the sami board [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), the reason being I just recently got a '85 full size Bronco to use as my drive to work/tow rig for my sami. I have a couple of question's about it though. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
#1. I just recently got my hands on a 6" lift for it cheep! Comes complete with everything except U-bolts! What would be a good size/all round tire to run with this lift? Something that's not gonna be too big/small for the lift, and still give me decent high way preformance? I'm thinking about running 35" AT. any suggestions?
#2. I can't seem to be able to put gas in the [email protected] thing very fast. I have heard that this is a common problem on Ford's. How do you fix this so it won't take me an hour to put $20 worth of gas in it??
#3. what is the stock gear ratio for the granny low 4sp in 4WD low? I'm not sure what tranny/transfer case combo I have. All I know is it has the 300 6cyl, granny low 4sp tranny.
Thanks again everyone, and I promice my questions in the future won't be as long....lol [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Just thought I\'d say hello.

#1 35s would be a good size for a six inch lift not to small, but if you get much bigger you could see some breakage

#2 There is a small hose inside the filler neck that lets the pressure adjust as gas is being put in. Make sure that it is not kinked or clogged up.

#3 I'm not sure of the gear ratios but I would guess that you have the NP435 tranny and NP208 X-case.

Hope this will help you.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Mud in my Veins

a 35" AT would be great, it'll give you a little bit of overdrive since that tranny doesnt have one. weld the axle pivot brackets to the frame crossmember after you lift it, otherwise they can loosen up over time and move around, as the one that i didnt weld did. i strongly advise against rear lift blocks, but if you go that route, be sure to keep the ubolts completely vertical as you torque them up, then retorque them daily for about a week... tall bolts like that are hard to keep tight. blocks are bad news, and a shackle flip would be a better solution though, IMO. good luck, have fun with your new overgrown Sammi [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 06:09 PM

hey, PM me the next time you guys are going out to the badlands to play, ill bring my zuk or bronco down.
good luck with the new rig.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:16 PM

I too will throw my hat in with the 35" tire crowd. However, I will also ask that since you are towing/commuting with it, what gear do you plan on running? If it is equipped with stock 3.55's or so, this may not be great with towing and that size tire.

As to the gas issue, try pulling the nozzle out some, with aiming down the neck, it should not create the backpressure and will flow without kicking off. You may have to just hold it at the proper angle.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 11:16 PM
Mud in my Veins

Fueling

Swap to a later-model filler neck. It's a bolt-on, and the caps are retained by a cord so you don't forget it at the pump. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 12:44 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Fueling

sometimes i wish mine wasnt attached... when the truck is muddy i can either let it dangle against the muddy panel or hang it on the filler door and get mud in the cap threads.... solution is to wipe the top of the door then hang it there, but i probably still get a little mud in there. time to cut the cord i guess [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 06:46 AM

Hello back atcha !!
Sounds like we've covered 1 & 2 pretty well. (a search on either one in here will yield plenty)
I'm reasonbly sure that the ratio for 1st on the NP435 you probably have is 6.69:1 ... I'm a little less sure on the t.case ... 2.61:1 (assuming an NP208).
Welcome to the FoO RoD club! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm sure you'll enjoy your new toy! [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 06:26 PM

Hey Steve83 !

What year of filler hose should we be looking for ? I'll be out there next week scavenging ! When did they correct this ?

Sixlitre
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Mud in my Veins

thats a good question since my 93 filler is as slow as any out there [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] really hits hard when you gotta put 50 bucks in these gas hawgs [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode