OT: Streetdrag board? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

OT: Streetdrag board?

Does anyone know any good boards on building fast cars. If I ever finish my offroad beast my next project will probably be a street racer. I don't plan to go illegal racing but the clowns I want to dominate will probably reside there. I'm thinking on what car I should use my base as. I like the older cougars 68-69. But my mind keeps going to the Mazda RX7. I've heard that you can get tons of power out of the rotary motors and I think it would be neat to learn a new realm of power. If I went the Ford route I think I would want a car that could fit a 460. I forget what years that motor would fit in the cars. I'm thinking primarilly in the realm of Mustangs and Cougars although a Torino may be doable. So what should it be? Big blocks or Rotary Power? Either way I would like to go with Naturally aspirated Nitrous Charged motors. Anyway if you have a link or links it would be greatly apreciated. Drawing it out is almost as fun as bolting it together for me. Even if there is years in the way of actually doing it. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NORM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 06:49 AM
Veteran

Re: OT: Streetdrag board?

Go for a 69-70 Cougar eliminator or a 70 Cobra Torino with a 429SCJ, if you can ever find one [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Big blocks came in mustangs, torinos & cougars between 67-73 with the earlier motors 67-69 being FE blocks (390, 427 & 428), but what i would like to do is get a 33 ford coupe street rod kit car even if i had to find one partially unfinished and put a 351 lightning supercharged motor with a 8.8 rear(course one with discs [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), That will get some attention!!! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The heck with the rice burners [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 01:02 PM
Mud in my Veins

i hate to admit it, but rice burners are ahead of the game from the factory as far as power vs weight [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] BUT, fast cars isnt about winning, it's about STYLE! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Dont be another goofball in a fartmobile Supra, build something fun that thunders when you rev it! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] From my "Crown Vic tow vehicle" thread you might guess what I'd choose... some LTD-like FORD with a 460 or revved-out small block. Mustangs are ok i guess, but they are so done, like Wranglers on 35's, that it just gets old to see them all the time and something different is very refreshing. A big car can be as fast as a ricer, it just requires more crude to get it there [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw, the coolest sleeper i've ever seen was a VW Beetle on eBay with a Chebby 350 in it... mmmmm, mo powa to ya [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 10:58 PM

you could always throw a big block in a pinto Ive seen that and it hald a$$ [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

I agree with that the Mustangs are the most preferred car of choice and for that reason I would prefer the Cougar. (I'm a sucker for the fold down light covers [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) The torino is a distant 3rd. I think I could have fun with those Rotary motors that Mazda made though. That is not your average anything. I've heard you can stack up to 4 to 5 chambers under the hood too. (they come stock with 2 I believe.) [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] NORM
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Mud in my Veins

yeah but those parts cant be cheap if you have to rebuild anything [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ricers are meant to be disposable... you ever seen a restored 74 Toyota Corolla? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Old Hand

Do you think in 30-35 years gen-x adults will be looking for date coded O2 sensors? I would hate the think that Classic Industries will start to offer a Sentra restoration catalog for my dad's commuter beater. I can't see paying $500 for a repo dashpad. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode