Interior Woes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Interior Woes

So after my last trip, i decided it would be in the best interest of the truck to remove my interior and clean it thouroughly. So i took it all out, and put my seat back in (ya know, so i can drive and stuff [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). I washed the interior, and man it looks good. Looks real good. Looks good enough to make me want to not put the carpet back in!
But, theres some 'stuff' i just cant remove. Some of that padded stuff (on the backside of the carpet) stuck to the floor (near where the center console goes) when i pulled up the carpet, and it just dont wanna come off. Then theres some sort of compound on the floorboard where your feet rest. Not that thick, not really sticky, but its still there.
To anyone who's stripped their interior before- Whatd you do about this stuff????? I am seriously considering getting the interior rhino-lined within the next couple months, so id need to get all this crap off so they could put down a good even coat. Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:57 PM

Re: Interior Woes

Paint stripper, turpentine, laquerfiner, mineral spirits, razor blade, and steel wool. If those dont take it off nothign short of a sandblast will.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 07:02 PM

about 3 hours with a small scraper. get one about an inch wide, anything wider will be too hard to push through the goop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Rats. Burned, thats not what i want to hear. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

McDerry, some good ideas, but i guess i didnt say that i was looking for a solution that wont remove the paint at the same time, just in case i decide not to spring for the lining.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 07:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's nothing a small blade and some FIRE!! won't fix. warm it up and scrape it as" burned "said. good [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] luck
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 07:45 PM

Also there this crap called goof off at the hardware store, its like twice price as paint stripper and like 1/8 the size but it will take the crap off without stripping the paint. YOu just let it set for 45 minutes or so and a paper towel should take it off.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The stuff I think McDerry is talking about is called Goo Gone and it is expensive but it works very well on most things, but I've never seen it on that.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 09:27 PM

NO the stuff he mentioned, Goof Off, is what he meant. It is correct.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 12:05 AM

Try some acetone

If it'll remove half dried fibreglass, it may do your job. I've used it successfully on many things. It's not too hard on painted surfaces either.

Sixlitre
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 05:52 AM

i use both goo gone and goof off at work i like the goof off better just a personal pref.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode