bigger tire questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

bigger tire questions

Ok well here goes. I was wondering what tire pressures everyone is running on there oversized tires> I have 35 12.5 and am wondering what pressure to run on the street.

Also I was wondering if any of you guys running the older broncos have changed your speedo gear I was told that there were two runnig gears to change and that it was a pain in the a$$ so I have been potting it off and I am just wondering if that is true
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 03:56 PM

Re: bigger tire questions

I usually run 24-25 PSI with 35 x 12.5. Right now I am trying 28 to look at potential mileage effects. this pressure is firm for my liking.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:10 PM

I ran my old MT's at 25, and now im running my MTR's at 30. The 35's had no impact on my mileage (unlike the lift) so im assuming that its a good pressure (at least for the winter). Perhaps in the spring ill try to go lower on the street.

Im assuming that the 80-86 uses the same speedo calibration as the 87-91? Dont see why not. Its actually really easy to do. I went to ford, said i swapped from 3.08 to 4.10 and that it was X (about 15 in my case, IIRC) mph fast. he came back in about a minute with a new gear, that is about as dead on as i can possibly ever get it (20 real miles= 20.1 on the odometer). I only had to change the gear that clips onto the speedo cable, and not both like i had originally figured.

Also, I determined my speedo error by mile markers, and one of those police trailers that tell you your current speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:31 PM
Mud in my Veins

I run 33 on the street and 20 on the trail, but I'm going to try 15 next time I hit the trail cuz they barely bulge at 20. I've had some slow leaks before and they feel pretty squirrelly on the street below 22-24 psi to me, but they sure ride nice [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:25 PM

I'm currently running 33's with 6ply at 32 on the street and 12- 15 on the trail. I often have to limp back at that pressure too. I can't wait to get the York done.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 10:20 AM

I've found a nice balance between harshness and stability at 30 psi in 33x12.5's, but I'm still experimenting with tire pressure and shock settings.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the post guys I have been running 35 psi I guess it is time to start tring some different pressures now think I am going to start out at 30 psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode