sorry but i got one more question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 04:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry but i got one more question

ok im sorry for rattling you guys las time i guess some felt i was tryin to step on peoples toes but im sorry for whatever i did wrong. ok now for the question. do you guys know of any stock one ton dana 60 high pinion front ends? i dont know too much about full sizes so im ususally gettin info on jeep stuff. i was planning on narrowing 8 lug one ton dana 60s front and rear because the trac width on all the one ton axles is too wide for my little jeep. so i am planning on narrowing a set so trac width doesnt matter they are gonna be 8 lug cause all 1 tons are but i was just wondering if it was possible to get a high pinion(reverse cut whatever you want to call it) dana 60 front end out of a junk yard off a one ton truck. if not thats fine too ill just have to settle for less clearance. thanks in advance for answering my question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 04:36 PM

Re: sorry but i got one more question

Huh, your question doesnt make much sense at all.
i think your asking if there where ever any d60s that where high pinion in the ford trucks stock?
if so, yes. 78-79 f350's and some 250s, and then 86-97? f 350s.
early 90's i believed they changed it to balljoints. in 86 the diff also got offest more towards the wheel.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 07:35 PM

80 and up Dana 60 fronts have the pumpkin so far over, that there are only a couple inches in between the pumpkin and the knuckle flange and won't give you any room to narrow the tube. If you're going to narrow it, you need a 78/79 Dana 60 front. They're closer to the center, but only by 5 or so inches which should give you enough room to play with since you have to cut both sides. 78/79 Dana 60 fronts are getting harder and harder to find. I doubt you will ever find one in a junk yard. Guys sell them on eBay for over $1000 each and every time. Good luck [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 07:56 PM

WHy shorten them in the first place, wider is better. id rather have a full size trackpath then a 1/4 tons track path, even on a quarter ton, plus it gets bigger tires with less lift cause they slide by the fenders more then under.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 08:13 PM

because he has to remain legal on the roads is what im gathering, and its hard to cover tires on fullwidth axles that are on a jeep. wider isnt also better. my zuk can pick and choose any line it wants just about offroad due to the narrowness of it, compared to taking my fullwidth bronco over the same obstacle. the bronco goes where it fits, the zuk goes where it chooses.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 06:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks all for the info ill get lookin for one. i already found the rear but i havent found the front yet. ya i was thinkin about goin full width but its a little too wide for my jeep cause i dont want to run 6 inch flares. i am going to narrow them but im not going to narrow them to the stock width of my jeep axles im going to narrow them to about 1 inch to 1.5 inches wider per side then my stock jeep axles. a little wider for good side hilling but not too wide. thanks again or the info
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

do 15 inch wheels fit around one ton brakes?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 09:05 PM

What's wrong with a D44 and a 9" off of an Early Bronco? D60s seem like overkill for a jeep. Even with huge tires. But whatever floats your boat. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 09:17 PM

they kinda fit. click on my sig link to see what i had to do. detailed pics in there.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 10:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i plan on running 38x14.5 tsls on 15x8.5 rims if i can get them to fit one ton alxes. and if im understanding your pic link right then you had to run 2.5 inch backspacing on your 15 inch wheels to make them fit around the calipers. i like 8 lugs and my jeep is gonna wearing 39.5s max and it has about a 230 horse motor. what do you guys think? im going to be running twin cases and the second case is an np205 so my weakest link that i can see with a beefy tranny modified 700r4 and beefy tcase np205 then my axles would be my weakest link depending on the type i choose to go with. im going to be running detroit in the front and a spool in the back so it will be hard on the axles. it may get some more horses but nothin over 300. do you guys still think that dana 60s front and rear is too much? big crawl ratio and big tires and rocks? i could just run 16.5 inch wheels cause pretty much everybody makes tires for them but just tell me what you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode