Bad day for brakes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Bad day for brakes

Well day started bad, night had been cold so batter( old hunk of crap napa battery) went dead. After gettign it charged i decided to head to work, used bronco cause s-10(daily commuter cause of the 38mpg is nicer then with the six cylinder in the bronco) got in a fender bender and got to straiten alignment first and put on new fender and bumper. So was driving bronko the mile to work and back brakes let go. Then i felt this dragging on passenger side. When I got to work, no one was there boss had gone to an auction by the looks cause the van was gone, well i checked the front passenger tire. Its brake had siezed closed and it was hot. I found this out cause i was being stupid and i stuck my finger inbetween the rim and the rotor to see if it was the brake or a bearing, ill never do that again. So i drove it home, then i went to take off the tire and found out it had metric lugnuts and me with no metric tire wrench as it was broken quite nicely by my little brother using it on his three wheeler. Then i found right size socket and snapped off a breaker bar trying to get them off. I eventually went to the bolt in the lugnut(there the deep lugnuts) with a 5 lbs sledge and a old punch i got from my great gramps. It eventually loosened them up and i had the tire off. That took about 45 minutes way to long for such a stupid task. And if that wasn't enough i found out that the brake shoe had worn away and its getting dark. So for the next month or so Im not gonna be using a truck, could be worse dont work very far from home and saves on insurance. So winter project consist of fixing s-10(msotly some body work) and then onto the broncos brakes, wich im gonna upgrade to some heavier duty racing brakes sence the two rear calipers are blown. This just pisses me off when ever it gets going good you hit a ledge.

some realy bad spelling errors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 06:31 PM

Re: Bad day for brakes

huh? i can only understand half of that. your using a torque wrench to remove bolts? ?
this seems kinda pointless, and im wondering why it is in this forum, when i have told you multiple times about the broncoII forum and posting there.
Zach
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Re: Bad day for brakes

its a breaker bar my bad, was confused there for a second.

torque=forcexdistance breaker bar is longer thus more torque is produced, name wasnt matching up right torque wrench measures torque i realize that now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode