Glasscapes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Injected

Glasscapes

I'm sure most of you have noticed these window coverings on the back window of a truck at some point in the recent past. Just curious if anyone has used them, how they hold up and how they are installed.

Thanks,
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 11:04 AM

Re: Glasscapes

All of the ones I see running around town with them, they look really nice. They look like they'll hold up for awhile. I came across a site about a month ago that had bunches and bunches of different designs, I'll see if I can find it again for ya.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 01:28 PM

I'm not sure if I know what your talking about. Do you have any pictures? If it is what I think it is, I've been wanting to get one for a while, but I have tinted windows and it's already hard to back up at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Mud in my Veins

i thought they were illegal, and i didnt start noticing them again until the last 6 months or so.... did a federal law change or what? i think they're nice looking for the most part, but i too can barely see backwards at night so it's out of the question. it would probably get torn up on a Bronco tailgate glass anyway, though i guess they could be put on the side windows of the top.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Injected

I think they are OK to put on the back and rear side windows because you can see right through them from the inside of the truck, but from the outside you can't see in. The link below will take you to there site, they have a bunch of designs available. But they don't say how they are installed, only that they go on the outside of the glass instead of the inside like regular window tint.
Glasscapes

Greg

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 06:51 PM

cool and all but would it screw up the privacy glass any if removed, them privacy glass panels cost a bundle.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 07:31 PM

I cant be 100% on this - but I'd bet they go on the inside. I work at a sign shop where we do occaisonal vehicle graphics - those 'scenes' are (most likely) printed on clear vinyl, in reverse, then applied to the inside of the glass (just like tint).
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 07:40 PM

privacy glass coating is on the inside, or did you not notice the bold red warning about cleaning insides of privacy glass windows with tissue paper in the owners manual.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 10:27 PM
froggy

We got them down here in Virginia Beach and you can pass inspection with them just fine. Theres a real nice american flag one I see alot. They have been out for a while.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 08:26 AM
Veteran

They are PSA-pressure sensitive adhesive.

Heres some more,
jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=180547&BQ=jcw2

should be ok for the power rear window, especially if your weatherstrip on the inside is in the condition mine is [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode