I need Stereo Help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

I need Stereo Help

Hello. I'm hoping someone here can help. I've had this cool Jenson CR560X since last Christmas and am finally getting around to putting it in. I took out the factory push button AM/FM and was simply impressed on the ease and simplicity of the stock unit. Is there a box or something I can buy to make this unit Bolt right in like the stock unit? I'm not installing an amp or anything extravagant. I just would like it to look nice and stay in place. (I go places that are sometimes bumpy). Your help as always is apreciated. NORM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Re: I need Stereo Help

This is all the Jensen site provided me. Hows that for customer service [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Jensen site.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 07:56 PM
Veteran

Most audio shops(best buy, radio shack,etc.) offer an optional installation kit with various face plate adapters rear bracket, everything you need to make it look somewhat original, i didnt have any problem installing my blaupunct (whatever) in my 86 dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 08:38 PM
BoulderBronco7

I have a 93 and all I needed was the din that came with the unit. Put that in your dash and push down/up/sideways the pins to hold it in place. Then just slide in the unit and your good to go. Looks very original. I am not sure a mounting kit is even made for the Ford trucks because most aftermarket stereos fit in quite well. Go to Crutchfield.com. They are the best when it comes to car audio, have the best customer service of ANY company I have ever dealt with and they have great prices.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:02 PM

Hey Norm you can find the mounting kit "piece of plastic to make it look good" at kragen it's like $15.00 and the wiring kit at wally world I think it was around $10.00, That's pretty much all you need.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:34 PM

Wally world has the mounting kit too, you could also steal the wiring harness off the stock radio if you want to save a few bucks. Basicly its a plasctic sheath with curved edges the radios hook into cause there not as bulky as they use to be.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

There is no such animal as an aluminum adapter that will hold it on strong so It can bolt up like the stock piece? I like the 4 bolts holding it on the front and the plate is pretty cool too that holds it on the bottom. I'll probably have to think of something. I was just hoping there was an easy fix. NORM BTW: My stock radio is the big box push button type. There is nothing to push pins up into. NORM
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 10:34 PM
Pooh-Bah

I like the 4 bolts holding it on the front and the plate is pretty cool too that holds it on the bottom.
I was able to utilize both those pieces when I installed a Sony unit in mine.
You will need a backing plate (maybe in a "fit kit"?....or make one) for the new deck to secure it to that stock front plate.
I also installed a metal strap on the back of the new unit, and attached it to the framework behind the dash.
Hopefully that's some help. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:03 PM
Mud in my Veins

I had to buy a metal DIN&1/2 bracket (for an old Mazda, I think) & cut & bend the mounting tabs to fit. Since then, mounting different DIN radios has been easy.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

I think I'm going to go with Steve's Idea and buy a sleeve for it today. What does DIN stand for anyway? I'll also get the kit to make it look good and the harness. I don't think I've ever used a harness but this unit is alot nicer than I'm used to so I think I'll go and do it right. no twisting the wire on this one. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanx again. NORM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode