WOW, this BRONCO has a bumper bigger than Steve's! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

WOW, this BRONCO has a bumper bigger than Steve\'s!

ummmm, big bumper and even bigger tires! (yes, those are 44" boggers!) [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] may the TTB rest in pieces [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here's the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1872868058

*I edited the subject line to more accurately reflect the truth of the matter* [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Re: WOW, this BRONCO puts Steve\'s bumper to shame!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Transmission works very well with no problems. The front and rear differrential are still factory and should be the next thing updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed this statement.... that tranny wont work well for long with 44's and stock gears! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I wonder if the reason he's selling it is that it's slower than a 1.3L Samurai OR if he just realized that he's about a month from needing a new set of $1800 tires [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 08:53 AM

nothin like a purely cosmetic spare! He (and the new owner) better hope he doesn't have a flat somewhere, that would suck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:56 AM

Muddy said:
I wonder if the reason he's selling it is that it's slower than a 1.3L Samurai OR if he just realized that he's about a month from needing a new set of $1800 tires.

Yea, that, and I think he's been enlightened to the probability of needing stonger axles front AND Rear!, maybe it violated some lift laws somewhere (got a ticket), and that bumper is just plain ugly! So, he's giving up on it, to start wasting dough on some new worthless project. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Mud in my Veins

Shame???

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] OK You buy it, and we'll have a push-off. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I bet THAT thing breaks off the frame before mine gets a scratch! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] How much crap can he store in it, how does that welded grille guard fold down, and where are the towhooks? It can't even hold a winch! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It probably weighs double what mine does, and doesn't even have lights. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] It probably casts a shadow farther than my driving lights reach. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 947032-GuardwAxle.jpg (86.5 KB, 10 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 10:47 AM

Well, from what ive read, the only laws texas has are for head/taillight height. can anyone confirm that?

If i owned that truck, id fear for the life of the axles! Who knows, maybe he lucked out and got 4.10's from the factory. Then the tranny might last long enough to do an axle swap. Considering the overall condition of the truck, it looks like it would be worth fixing it up.
Does everyones truck from texas look that clean and rust-free? Im jealous! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh and dont worry Steve, i still like your bumper! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

ahahah, Steve I didnt mean it would actually whoop your bumper's ass, but at first glance his bumper definitely has more of a "wow" factor since it can make 44" boggers look small! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] obviously his bumper is just like the rest of the truck, all show and no go, and he's probably got a couple aluminum bolts holding it to the frame [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] calm down, your bumper is still the King [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 03:04 PM

Re: Shame???

maybe it wants to be a boat, with the big front bumper acting as a floatation device?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Re: Shame???

hmmm it does fairly resemble the school bus flotation box from Monster Garage, maybe Zach's onto something!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 04:07 PM
Mud in my Veins

The King

Yeah, I know you were just teasin'! [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] So was I. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Well, I'm gettin' anxious since I had that axlehousing powdered - I think I'll pull the King (muddy's name; not mine! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) sometime soon and get it done. Should I go with flat black, 30 gloss black (like the axle), 90 gloss black (for that "wet look"), or the fake chrome? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode