Best Lift By Parts? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best Lift By Parts?

Ok, getting ready to remove current lift (not sure what kind it is) and build up freash 4" lift. What I was wondering is, If you could put together a lift with components from diff manufactures what parts from each manu would you choose. I'm in this mode of thinking because I have not found a complete kit that I really like yet. Will be prob.80% on road daily driver, but want it to be able to handle some nice off road lovin. My thoughts... Dick Cepek bracketry,(look beefy and has mounting positions for a 6" lift if I want to go that way in the future, and Skyjacker full spings in the back. what would ya'll suggest for the coils, shocks and other nick nacks?

Thanks [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 09:35 AM

Re: Best Lift By Parts?

The Cepek bracketry and radius arms would be my choice also. I'd choose Superlift springs (leafs and coils) off-the-shelf, but if I knew exactly the ride and height I wanted, I'd get National to build all 4 springs.
Rancho RS9000 for shocks. The Superlift pitman arm is burly, or run the Superunner steering setup.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 09:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes the 9000's are also what I was thinking of for shocks. ? I'm not really sure about the superunner steering, Is it relly that much better than conventional?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 03:25 PM

No, it's not. Not with the lift you're planning. A dropped arm will work just fine and save you some dough you can put into traction devices/gearing/tires.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 05:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Most places won't sell the separate components for lifts. They want you to buy them as kits.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Mud in my Veins

Any authorized dealer should be able to sell you the individual pieces. Keep in mind that the front pivot brackets, radius arm brackets, rear blocks, and ubolts are all considered one piece and I doubt you'd be able to get any individual item unless it was a warranty replacement part. Coil pairs are a separate part, as are rear leaf pack pair, pitman arm, individual shocks, pair of brake lines, pair of swaybar drop brackets... each of those have separate part numbers and you can buy them invidually.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea I figured it would be tough getting all the parts by component, but I stop by the local wheelin dealer and asked. He said he did not know for sure but he thought you could. And, even if I could the cost of buying everything seperate would prob. kill me. But, that would be the only way in my eyes to get what you want.....The Juice, what do you mean for the type of kit I am building, I did some more research on the superrunner steering and it ssems to help with the geometry of the TTB. Don't know for sure because I have not seen that many godd write-ups on this. What I really wish is that Fabtech would put out a kit for the Bronc! May-be if we get enough support they will make one. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

On a side note I want to thank all of you, followed the advice from this board about fix for the clunking noise from take-off, greased slip-joint, Ahhh no more irritating clunk [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 07:31 PM

Whatcha dping with the current lift? E-mail me if you want to get rid of it...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Havack to be honest it is not much of a lift, I bought the truck about a month ago and the lift was on it, the guy told me it was a 31/2" kit. However the more I look and learn Its really not a kit its only coils and an add a leaf, maybe a 2 inch no drop pittman or brackets for the ttb, but if you are still intrested I will give it to you when I do my lift, It will prob. be a few months though. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 08:15 PM

That crossover steering really isnt necessary to do, i have a 6" superlift kit, and with just the drop-pitman arm the truck still handles/steers fine. Granted there is a tiny amount of bump steer, but it is not nearly enough to make me even consider going out and spending the money on that conversion.
Oh, and ive been up to about 85mph since i had the kit installed, and no problems controlling it!

Just so ya know, almost all kits are designed so that the extended rad. arms (or the drop brackets, whichever you buy) will work with either the 4" kit or the 6" kit. In some cases the 6" kit is actually easier to align

Id have to go along with what BurntPiston said- dick cepek hardware, rancho shocks, and i heard those replacement superlift springs are supposed to ride really good. But if you got cash, you definitely cant pass up springs from National!

Oh, and skyjacker makes some great extended steel brake lines, i have a set on my truck, and man are they long!!! But the important part is that theyre actually quite nice looking (read=not cheapos) and as an added bonus, theyre DOT approved! (not all are, from what i hear)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode