For those who like to cut...or Front Bumper Cuttin - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

For those who like to cut...or Front Bumper Cuttin

Another pic folks. Did not want to post it with the wheels since it is a different topic. Approach angle at the wheels is now 54degrees. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<a target="_blank" href=http://2bigbroncosnorthwest.superford.org/registry/showpic.php?pID=18538>New Stock Bumper</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:38 PM

Re: For those who like to cut...or Front Bumper Cuttin

looks good, but by the time youre done with all these mods to your bumper, its gonna look like a pre-runner bumper! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:06 AM
spade

That looks so mean! Do you have a pic from the side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 06:45 AM

i like your bumper idea, but im wondering where your gonna put the highlift on the frotn r rear of the truck to lift up one side. i know youll badly tweak/bend the rear a few inches up, but im not shure on the fornt, its hard to tell how much you really took off, and if he sides are connected through the winch mount for support.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wow Juice looks sweet but what happens when you rear end a honda now? or should i say jump a honda.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

The winch mount is still coming Burned, and yep, there will be cutting invoved with that one as well, on the top of the bumper, in between the grille guard, as I will be putting the steel mounting plate from frame rail to frame rail.

On the hi lift, the rear is a bit o problem right now. The only place to lift is anywhere on the bumper from framerail to framerail. Outside that and you will tweak the bumper pretty good. So, you have to open up the tire mount to jack the back. I have a reinforcing fix that I will get to soon and will then be able to jack anywhere on the bumper. NOTE to everyone, it is kinda a moot point right now anyway, because the 48" hi lift is just barely enough if I were jacking on the outsides of the bumpers. It just doesn't have enough height. Get a 60" if you can if you have 4" or more of lift.

On the front, the place to use the hi lift is just outside the framerail on each side. I cut the bumper, but all along there is a 1/4" thick steel plate that the jack can push against, it won't be bending as it bolts right to the frame. I can also put it just inside the tow hook/folding step. This places it under the frame horn and is of course lower to the ground. Just would not want to place the jack on the way outside of the bumper by the tire.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 03:31 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

On the front, the place to use the hi lift is just outside the framerail on each side. I cut the bumper, but all along there is a 1/4" thick steel plate that the jack can push against

<hr></blockquote>
but, how are you gonna fasten the winch mount? i cut that plate off so the inch mount could fit between the rails. you could go to the older style attachements on the outside of the frame to hold the bumper up.
im just not really picturing how you gonna make the winch mount go up there without removing the bumper brackets(the angle iron welded on the front of the frame.) they are really in the way for where the winch sits. if you cut them off, then im wondering how your gonna attach the bumper to the frame.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I need a pic, but those bumper mounts are in the way a little, but nothing a little curtting at the top won't fix. On the winch mount, I had better just do it and snap pics of it, then you will be able to see how mine is done.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

RepT- It does look that way a bit. The remaining bumper in the middle, the lower part, now looks like it is one of those front skidplates from a distance.

Spade-Ran out of batteries, soon as I get some will get a shot to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode