Any Southern Louisiana people in here? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Any Southern Louisiana people in here?

Hey everybody, okay..some of you know the story, 19yr old just bought my first bronco as well as it also being my first 4x4. I don't know anyone near me who owns a four wheel drive that actually uses it for off roading "darn trailor queens" so I was wondering if any of you live between Lafayette and Houma, and maybe wouldn't mind showing me the ropes. I know it isn't wise to go off roading alone especially when you don't have any experience and your 4x4 is stock except for the 33x12.50 tires, and also, if I get stuck somewhere, I have no one capable of pulling me out, sooo..anyone wanna show me the ropes once I get my front hubs working and get some better tires (say within the next 3-4 months?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 05:16 AM

Re: Any Southern Louisiana people in here?

I'd love to help but I'm living in Nevada. I was stationed in Ft. Polk LA for 3 years. Something I learned... Stay on the trail. I don't know how many Humv's I got stuck because I left the trail. I was able to sink one to the fenders on a hilltop! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Have you checked your local area for clubs? I imagine for LA I'd build a High lift, Big Tire, Rig for the mud. Boggers would work awsome there. NORM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice Norm. It's going to be awhile before I get my bronco set up like I want. I'm thinking ARB air lockers front and rear, 33 or 35 inch boggers, 4.10 gears if I put the 33's but I may go higher if I get the 35's. I'd like to get a 12,000 warn winch...maybe 15,000, a bit overkill I know, but hey, I get a bit wild sometimes and there won't be much I can't get out of with that. And I'm thinking of a 6" Superlift kit, but when I'm actually ready to buy my lift I'm gonna ask around on here and see what the guys think. And only club I know of in my area is a Chevy club, but I'll ask around and see what I can find. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 08:42 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

darn trailor queens

<hr></blockquote>
just cause then ride on the trailer to wheeling places doesnt make all trucks trailer queens.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2002, 12:03 PM

Agreed. Theres a guy here in nj who has to trailer his 79 ford around, but thats cause its not exactly safe (or legal) to drive a truck on tractor tires!

What we have around here is what you'd call a 'pavement pounder'. In my area, its rare enough to see a monster truck, but i can guarantee you that if you see it, its gonna be clean and shiny - real shiny
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 08:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i live in houma, but work offshore but have been playing with 4x4s for 20+ years, give me a shout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode